Off Topic Playground

We can try for a full charge to the stall, I reckon between us all we can get unstoppable momentum going *grin*

Yeah, I think I'll pick up the 1.1 DzC book, they've tweaked a couple of costs and rules and added more info on list building I hear. Then I can use it to corrupt someone here into playing miniatures games lol

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

And I'd bet Hawk will have Simon there at GenCon, and he knows how to play DzC probably better than the guy that wrote it! Heh

---------- Post added at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 AM ----------

Ha, DMFA made me smirk. Dimanika is amusing

Oh? Now that'd be a bit nice. I will say, I've been kinda...disappointed in a way, with the UCM releases lately. Artillery and drones just aren't all that exciting compared to the stuff the Shaltari and the PHR are getting.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

...why am I not surprised...lol. Well, it is Dimanika!

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

...huh. She is a mouse, even in the Demo. 101 comic. Never noticed that before...

I've not seen the rules for it, though the newsletter did seem to indicate they were capable of firing smoke shells for cover, and other variant ammo too I think. But I see where you're coming from. I like the UCM carrier from the last releases most of their stuff I think.

The crazy big PHR insect walker looks fun too...

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

When you're not working, I'll take you over and introduce you to the folks, should be able to wangle a game (possibly against me so I can learn it too lol)

I'm looking forward to seeing Quoar's representative to the meeting, that should be interesting.

And the PHR insect walker looks awesome.

I'm sure the rules are going to be fine, I've just never been an artillery fan. And the drone carrier looks too much like a Jawa sandcrawler. :-P

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

I'd like that, it'd be fun.

Welp, there's one right off the back. Writer's Block

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

Oh hey, there's another one...computers and security. That one is a little early in the day though

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Eh, there's no tickets, I'm not sure if it'll matter...

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

I can add a second ticket to it if you want.

No tickets? Then writers block sounds good to me!

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

I have no idea what my GenCon login is, so yeah, if you could add one in that'd be awesome lol

I'll give you the list I'm looking at, let me know what you want in on.

Writer's Block (Thursday noon)

Realistic Writing: Computers and Security (Thursday 9am)

Realistic Writing: The Warrior's Life (Thursday 11am)

Writing Excuses: Live Audience Session 1 (Friday 7pm)

Exploring Genres: Space Opera (Saturday, 3pm)

Writing Excuses: Live Audience Session 2 (Saturday 7pm)

Based on the clips I have of stuff, it should be fun. They have whatever hosts are there, plus a guest, and they field questions from the audience for a couple hours.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

There's some other genre ones, if you've got an interest in those. Dark Fantasy, Hard Fantasy, Horror (so want to go, but I've got a shift...), and RPG Fiction.

Horror is Saturday at 10am.

I'm not sure what the difference is...kinda considering trading Space Opera for Dark Fantasy, then grabbing a Hard Fantasy ticket to find out!

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

Thank goodness Elle isn't a visual muse.

Oh hey, there's another one. Fear of the Unknown: Suspense in RPGs, on Sunday.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Alright, so I'm looking at two tickets for:

Writer's Block (Thursday noon)

Realistic Writing: Computers and Security (Thursday 9am)

Realistic Writing: The Warrior's Life (Thursday 11am)

Writing Excuses: Live Audience Session 1 (Friday 7pm)

Exploring Genres: Dark Fantasy

Exploring Genres: Hard Fantasy

and then I'm getting one ticket for

Writing Excuses: Live Audience Session 2

Exploring Genres: Horror

right?

Ooh, and that one too. Good grief, I have eight now I think! And I never expected to be a writer...

So I have:

Writers block

Computers and security

Warriors life

Audience thingy 1

Dark fantasy

Hard fantasy

Horror

Suspense in RPGs.

Eep