Off Topic Playground

Agreed, but I also find a lot of that to be paintjobs... Retribution just has a bad color scheme in a lot of ways, I think. And honestly, now that I've seen metal Kaelyssa without paint, she's not as bad as I thought. But frankly, for female models, they're much more on the ball than GW has been for a number of years... that last Dark Elf Sorcess is hideous, and every female model I've seen since that one barring Lilith has the same problem with the face.

Yep.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

So, my friend and I think we've figured out what to do to keep Warmachine fun...both of us were pretty into it for a while. We're gonna work on writing our own scenarios, rather than doing caster kill...

Eh. (shrug) lol. I really don't need as much money as I thought I did, so spending a little like I did isn't that bad of a thing. I'm looking at M2E book, Nightmare Tara, another starter set (fingers crossed for Rasputina...) and the Anaconda for Infinity. Other than that, I don't really know of any Gencon exclusives I want to do...

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Caster Kill can make things interesting, but the problem that I've had with Warmachine in the past is that caster kill becomes the only objective of the game. It made it really frustrating when you have casters like eGaspy who are so hard to pin down for melee lists, but they're amazingly good at killing you.

Hm. Might need to look at SR2013, then. 2010 and 2011 made anything other than caster kill nearly impossible. Since I was trying to run eKreuger, the Circle Orboros scenario caster, it was very, very frustrating.

Honestly, I'm trying to hold to 'if I can get this somewhere else, I probably should' for Gencon purchases...