Off Topic Playground

The sparkly thing is not as big a deal as sunlight not hurting them, or Bella basically being a personality-free proxy for the female reader and Edward being a one-dimensional author fantasy.

Eh, forget it, this classic Oatmeal strip says it better than I can: http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

On another note, I got my Mantic Trolls and Werewolves assembled, and I sorted the Bones most likely to be used in Kings of War.

Many of the Undead personality minis will work as personalities, the foxy Cloud Giant will count as an Ogre Captain, and the Undead Giant will have to be either a normal Giant from the Goblin list, an Abyssal Fiend from the Twilight Kin (Dark Elves), or a Greater Abyssal Golem from the Abyssal Dwarves. Probably the Greater Golem- it most closely matches an Undead monstrosity, rules-wise.

Oh, for the love of...

500 words into a piece of writing is not the time to be landed with another shiny new universe to write about.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 AM ----------

Dark grey? Very much depends on what's around it and what kind of look you want.

It changes what you mix into the grey to make it look right, and how rich you want the colour, and the darkness of it too really. Greys are kind of like blacks, you can mix in all sorts, highlight with cream not white, shade with black/ colour mixes...

I'm going to play nice and not bug you with questions about that new setting.

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Hmm....gotcha. So I'm looking to do a full blown experimental search for the right kind of grey...good to know, lol.

Lol, possibly. Really, for a nice simple method you just need to pick out your accent colour and use a touch of that in the shade, use black and white mixed for the midtone, and cream or white additions for highlights depending on if you want a warm or cold looking colour

---------- Post added at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Tell you what, I'll give you details on the new setting when I send you the first bit of theophilus Ed. which means I have to read your stuff first! Heh

Right now, I'm thinking dark grey, with either red or turquoise as an accent color. More leaning towards red... the thing I always found weird about Retribution of Scyrah was all the cheery colors, and I think almost-black grey and red would make them a lot more intimidating and interesting.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Evening Monkey, how are you?

As a contrast to red, I'd throw a little blue or turquoise into the midtone (but not too much, you only want a hint of it, and keeping it as dark as you want to). A touch of something like purple or red and purple mixed in the black shadows, and add white to the midtone to highlight it. That should match and contrast the colours as well as giving you a cold colour to balance the red.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

Hey monkey!

I dunno, that one made a lot of sense for once, lol. Thanks Mako, appreciate it! Hopefully the set shows up sooner than later before I forget all that... >.>

And yeah, Monkey, I bought the starter. Was really excited to realize that even the light jacks are plastic!

...man. That's dedication.

---------- Post added at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

honestly, part of the reason I went ahead and got the starter is that I remembered my brother in law got some Menoth and Circle stuff (and oh how I started to laugh...)...since he'll want to bring gaming stuff next time he's out here, I'd rather play that than 40k, lol.

Depends on the models. If it's a choice of pewter or Finecast, I'll take metal everytime...

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

And honestly, I've little problem with Privateer's metal models. It just comes down to the 'classic' Kaelyssa the Night Whisper is really bad... >.<

Good resin>good plastic>good metal>bad resin>bad metal>bad plastic>chainsaw accidents>poker night with Cthulhu>finecast

That's roughly my preference list.

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 AM ----------

Sweet, good to hear! ...wait, how many things to go? O.o

Well, the washes glazes and tweaks are pretty quick. Some of that gets done in the weathering stage at the end too.