Off Topic Playground

Nah, now the cells are off to be stained and analysed, I don't have to work weekends. Two whole days of not being in a lab, it's been lovely. Or it would have been, if that stupid wooden surround hadn't occupied a whole day and a bit!

Yeah, finding something I could do something nice with took until 5 yesterday afternoon. Actually making it took up the rest of the night, and this morning I did the final tweaks.

So much for lots of painting this weekend!

I was a bit stuffed by not having a credit card for ordering things when it came to that. I'll just have to be good, somehow!

Will probably take some time to really enjoy the painting contest entries, and chat with teh various people I know.

Oh, do we have a session next weekend by the way?

All of us? Good god, the universe might collapse in on itself!

And if that happens, it'll make a right mess of my painting schedule.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Oh dear. I'm getting worse. Miss T's skin basetone is a mix of bronze fleshtone, dead flesh, pale flesh, ice blue, bonewhite and dead white...

Only three things will make me cancel - hot date (not likely), science based disaster (probably ignore it if it won't turn the lab into a crater), and painting panic (possible. But still unlikely).

Sven has a life to be ruined, I can't be skipping sessions lol.

Ok, I think food before glazing the colours into Miss T. Leftover stir fry beef. So very exciting, not...

The shade was only a mix of two further paints, and the highlights were done towards white, so eight in total. But yeah, six to get the colour I wanted as a base. And I think I'll need four or five glazes to get her looking just right, so a dozen paints for her skin. That's not bad, right?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Very true, but if he's going to crash and burn, he at least gets to see the rest go too! Lol