Off Topic Playground

I really like that Retribution model, but otherwise...meh, lol. Doesn't look bad, just not grabbing my attention.

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

Frankly, probably a good thing... I don't need another Kickstarter, and I'd be jumping in for that figure. At $20, that's pretty steep...

Speaking of video games, I really need to find a good gridded game mat (or make a nice Terraclips setup, I suppose) and give Endless- Fantasy Tactics a spin, since it's basically a tabletop version of the Tactics Ogre/Makai/Final Fantasy Tactics engine.

But first, at least one or two more games of M2E before the beta is 100% closed. Then I have Kings of War stuff to work on like crazy. I'm painting the 3 Werewolves I got with the Kickstarter to look like the ones from Altered Beast.

Good smear - it means they can see the cells I was insisting were there!

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

And goes some way to demonstrating I'm not a total buffoon in the lab...

Slow day at work, so I wrote the beginnings of another Newbie's Guide for Kings of War. KoW is an excellent game for me to get my feet wet with respect to writing house rules and help material.

I have a plan for my potential game-writing career- player aids and guides first, then add-on house rules for existing games, then if things continue to go well, I release a free/near-free (like $1.99) ruleset on Wargames Vault, then if that takes off enough I try my hand at a full-fledged game. If that does well, then maybe I can consider whether or not I need to keep working a regular job...