Off Topic Playground

Huh. Turns out the guy I'm supposed to be meeting in Leeds and borrowing his sofa for the night can't get the days off work so we'll be out the house by 7am the next morning after not being able to start the big social run til 5pm.

A little early for it to go Charlie Foxtrot, isn't it? lol

Long and tedious..... how about you?

Same, unfortunately. We have a board of directors meeting next week so I'm doing some cleaning tonight once I finish up this job.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

No, I very carefully avoided saying it! Mostly because I was expecting it to go skewed, just not over a week before I arrive! lol

Man...that's just not fair, LOL

Not exactly. I've got approval fom someone to have a member of their lab teach me to use a machine e have that will make something I can use when the other stuff turns up. Lol

So no actual progress, but I have permission to make some that I didn't have this morning!

Aaaaaaaaaaargh

Yeah, its infuriating beyond belief. It's like no one actually wants to make progress, or do their jobs.

On the other hand, this is a bit of a coup if I can get it to happen as it's a totally different project direction that I think is going to work better.

Yeah, its infuriating beyond belief. It's like no one actually wants to make progress, or do their jobs.

On the other hand, this is a bit of a coup if I can get it to happen as it's a totally different project direction that I think is going to work better.

Oh? Watch out for coups, mate... they can tend to backlash.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

What happened with the Flames game, Monkey?

That does suck a bit monkey.

It's a pretty safe coup ed, it's me suddenly making the project take several leaps forward by looking at the problem in a sensible, practical way rather than an abstract analytical thing. And luckily, in science no one objects to the means as long as the end has plenty of good proof to back it up!