Off Topic Playground

Doing a 54mm WWII diorama, with some steampunk flare. Trying to track down some American/British soldiers in poses I want to use at the moment. I've found my two centerpiece miniatures, looking forward to painting those. Here's what I've got so far:

Hauptsturmfuhrer Von Konrad

product_1067954b.jpg

Captain Canada

product_5558162b.jpg

And here's the other stuff I'm thinking of using:

MBL00003592_7_l.jpg

English and German Hand-to-Hand

VER00001498_0_l.jpg

VER00001497_0_l.jpg

Oddly enough, this is turning out to be an incredibly inexpensive project... sure, Von Konrad and Canada aren't cheap, but those three sets of infantry come to about $60 retail...

Still looking for American/British models to use. Not too many of those are in fighting positions, sadly. I also need to figure out how to plan the diorama itself, so tempting to get a STUG or a Panzer for the background element...

I wish! Sadly, not that I know of...would love to see Smart Max make a game for those models though. At the moment, I'm planning all of the models for the project to be separate from the diorama, so I can use them in games in case I can find rules...

Although I am quite tempted to have lightning arcing off Von Konrad's gun.

...I can give her superpowers for that one... O.o

That actually sounds like an awesome idea. I was going to have her and Von Konrad facing off in the middle, but that might work better, her knocking over/aside a vehicle and him with pistol charged waiting for a clean shot...

Heh, I'm cheating like hell...like I said, everything is going to be on either a 60mm or 40mm base, so I can paint them individually. Lay things out on a piece of wood, cut into the ground to make them match...we'll see if I actually get around to the full complexity, though. I've never done anything this complex ever. For the start, I'll work on the two heroes and see how it goes.

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

How's Lazarus coming along? The patchwork armor working?