Off Topic Playground

Sweet. Honestly, wish the game all the best, just like I do any KS project. Can't wait to see scifi movie writers take to Kickstarter, hopefully we'll get some neat movies out of it rather than the standard generic plotline crap coming out of Hollywood. Fancy CGI does not make up for horrible stories.

But bad CGI can ruin one. I doubt we'll ever see any great movies come out of Kickstarter as not enough people would get behind something they aren't already tied to. Miniatures work as you just see if you like the look of them and work out if X models is worth Y money. The only non-gaming projects I've backed are computer games from companies or people I trust from their previous games.

But that will already have fans. A new cool sci-fi film would be starting from scratch and having all the usual issues. What makes it stand out more than the other 50 bajillion? It would be like that Gates of Antarres kickstarter one. Everyone has their own idea about how it should go and will fight off anybody who doesn't agree with 100% of their ideas.

Yeah, I got lucky/unlucky, it was always my best skill coaxing biology to dance to my tune. Seems to have deserted me in recent months though!

Mind you, so does my sculpting skill, if the recent efforts with the steampunk girl's face have been anything to go by :s