Off Topic Playground

yep! I think I'll work on a Torakage first, honestly. Not sure if I'm bringing any along, but that way I'm only messing up on a mook, not a character.

I'm okay. A little tired, but not super surprised about that. I think I slept a little too much this weekend. Doing some airbrush research to see how complicated I can get things at the moment...

Heh, true, true! I'm getting a pair of airbrush colors, a german grey to basecoat the Ten Thunders with and a red to basecoat my ALEPH. It took about five minutes to realize I wasn't up for painting bone, white or khaki for them, so I'm going to try red orange since that's a color I never use.

Yeah, I'd never have picked the pink and grey with that patterning but after finding that I can't not do it! Sophie's already picking colours and blends. And wants the luminous butterfly blazoned on every machine.

I'm going to have to hunt for my Maruts when I'm home, bring it back with me and go wild with it. Might be my GenCon painting entry.

Heh, sounds awesome. It'd be great to see what you can manage. Honestly, the ALEPH aesthetic has grown on me, but I still don't think that the colors they chose are the best to show things off...that color scheme that you've got might work a lot better though!

The studio one is a bit hit and miss to me, some of the bits look good (one of the devas is really nice), but most the machine stuff looks a bit dull.

Looks like I'll be making my mech only list in patterned pink and grey and trying to keep the kind of gritty look that artwork has, so I don't end up with eye watering hello kitty mechs...

Heh yeah, I'm actually kind of twitchy to get more aleph to paint it! But then I also want more malifaux, and already have too much to paint.

On the other hand, have finally started working through girl genius and have met Othar trygvassen, gentleman adventurer!