Off Topic Playground

That's fine. I still need to figure out how to do conference call hosting...

I was thinking one thing that might be interesting, even for later on once the campaign gets going, is to do a small forum for the campaign itself. Give you guys a place to interact with the town I'm building for you outside of the sessions, plus a place for me to post up notes and stuff. That something you guys think might be useful?

Yeah...I've got NPCs who might object to that...besides, short of arson, there's a lot of ways a town could be 'ruined' but still functional. For example- going on a spree of thievery could result in prices across the board going up along with some very aggressive personal guards. Or people refusing to do business with you. Or perhaps longer term affects, where something you guys want (say, a blacksmith or a tinkerer) won't come to the town for a longer amount of time. It's not something I've really hammered out, but definitely something I want to mess around with. Giving you guys a home base to mold as befits your characters is a concept that I find really interesting. If you're all playing rogues, perhaps you turn the place into a Mos Eisley- not really lawless, but the Guild aren't too interested in coming there. And eventually it becomes the hub of a smuggling operation, which either is in competition with you or allied with you (or run by you, if you play your cards right, no pun intended).

Howdy guys

I see talk about canvas painting ... I have a spare canvas that has been sitting around for a few years now while I figure out what to paint. My wife doesnt want my other painting to be displayed in public (did them years ago and I dont blame her) just never settled on subject matter.

Um. Technically, I suppose you could be...eventually...although if you try to be a Hutt, I expect that'll end badly when you run into zombies. Lots of flesh to grab onto and not a lot of flex muscle to maneuver with.

Heh, we'll see how your character turns out, Mako! I'll be very curious to see what the cards have in store for you.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

Howdy guys

I see talk about canvas painting ... I have a spare canvas that has been sitting around for a few years now while I figure out what to paint. My wife doesnt want my other painting to be displayed in public (did them years ago and I dont blame her) just never settled on subject matter.

Why doesn't she want it displayed?

Honestly, the last one is at an impasse because I'm trying to figure out who best to interrupt the scene with. Taking the approach that if I have 'shippers on deck' I might as well have those who complain about the 'sickeningly sweet' scenes as well! lol

How's the paint-along this month?

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 AM ----------

hmm...I'm debating posting up my draft on the critique forum for nano... there's a part of me that really wants to, but I'm torn on throwing it up to complete strangers... >.>

Hippodruid! I see you! You know you don't have to lurk in here, you're more than welcome to join in on the random chats.

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

Slow, find myself low on steam... still can hopefully knock half of it out this weekend...

Ordered some more Malifaux this morning too, so have to start catching up with that.

What'd you order?

Collodi box, or just Collodi?

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Well, I suppose since I've got the scenes all completed that in the draft right now, this is as good a time as any... Great. Now I need to do a summary and figure out a working title, lol.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 AM ----------

Ooo...there's an intriguing one. Probably already taken, but what good one isn't? Shadows of the Real... gives a nice hint to the deeper intrigue of it.