Off Topic Playground

nah, it's all good. If it's wrong, I'd rather get it fixed! I probably spaced the features a little much at the start, it's pretty easy to do. Specially when I'm not used to working on non-adult proportions. It's a shame as I quite liked the face, but if it needs redoing, such is life!

Yeah, oil is good for venting by paint. Lots of working time and the colours can be really intense.

If I stay home tomorrow I'll probably finish it if I need to de-stress more.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

Battle tech rings a bell, I think I may have been shown some of it. Then again, I could be wrong...

Ah, fair enough. I've yet to meet anyone who read any of the novels back in the day. Anyway, there was this one impressionistic artist who got killed and had a copycat painting his stuff as anti-state propaganda (it makes sense in context). He did a painting of the ruler of the country with her eyes ripped out and squeezing them to water a set of plants that were used to deliver the bomb that murdered her mother...which she paid for. Anyway, some freaky stuff just in the writing alone, glad no one tried to paint it...or at least, I haven't gone looking for it.

Canvases are good fun. Lots of work, especially the big one I have sitting waiting for me to sketch in the outline of. 30" x 40" *grin*

And that's a fairly twisted painting, I wouldn't be surprised if it existed somewhere but I'm happier not seeing it I think!

I just love the models, honestly. We'll see how the rules turn out, lol. But the models are gorgeous, and I can see myself using them for a few different purposes. Oh, Monkey, you going to be able to do the Skype chat this weekend?

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

O.O I just remembered, I have a Balrog to paint sitting around the house...looks like I found a project to try airbrushing with that I already have!

Yeah. Now to figure out how to paint it... I still want to do a coldfire Balrog because I think it'd be fun, but I'm not sure if it's really possible. Odds are I should reprime the thing a little, I primed it black for some stupid reason which is the total wrong direction no matter how I paint it.

I haven't done canvas painting in a long time (going on a decade and a half)...might have to give it a try if I can find the tools for it for cheap and find some room in the house to set up. Not sure what I'd paint though.

...you lot are bad for keeping Elle on task, I have to say. :P

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

What time we Skyping?

Ah the Balrog, fond memories of painting that in a night.....

8pm EST, Saturday. Puts it sometime Sunday afternoon for you, right?