Off Topic Playground

Getting the folds into the shirt, then will have to work on the books and quill I put in her hands. After that it's the cuffs and neck lace, then hands, face and hair. That's pretty much it, barring any adjustments and my mate's decision on if he approves of the piece!

I'll get some shots when she's done, I'll probably get up to the hands and face tonight, and then do those tomorrow. Might have to bake her after that, in order to do the hair without damaging the rest of her, but we'll see how that looks when I get there!

See, that's the part of sculpting that would keep me from ever being happy with something... I've seen a lot of models that were fine, but the face was so poorly done that it kept me from ever wanting to paint it.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Oh, random plot question for you about my novel... trying to figure out more of where to take things with Victor and the country of Victrix in general. Thought about using either Waechter or Faulkner in a 'V' (from V for Vendetta) idea, where one of them survives the fight and goes on to become an amoral symbol of rebellion concept. Think that would work at all?

Yeah, I think either of them as a V style character would be pretty good. Especially if you can show them getting to the point where they end up in that role, either by accident or choice or combination.

Faces are really important for models, I suspect this one is going to take several attempts so I might bake it with everything but the head done, and then I can work the face over and over until I'm happy without damaging anything else.

Ahh, I had a good laugh there. Talk about starting with the tough ones!

You'll be fine, it's all about practice so just expect the first few times to be a bunch of sculpting, followed by peeling all the Fimo off and starting again. Don't let that get to you, and in no time you'll have them all done.

And curse Elle, she's reminded Sophie she wants sculpts of Malin, Cera, the members of the five...

Heh, but then you get to make it up in the gaps to suit however you think it would work!

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Ah. I need to figure out what to do with the collar and cuffs on her shirt now. Folded lace would seem about right, but I'm not entirely sure how to pattern it so it looks right!

Well, she's a school student rather than anything else. So probably not in danger of being caught in machinery. But I don't want it to be too showy, just a narrow band with a gentle pattern.

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 AM ----------

Why is it life always gets complicated at inconvenient times?

ah, okay, that makes sense.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 AM ----------

I know, right? lol. The one thing that's fun is that I have no idea what her art style is anymore... she went to school for art and I saw a few drawings, but haven't really seen anything since. So this'll be interesting.

This little side project started because I offered to sculpt a girl for my mate back home to use as a female student of conflict for his Viks.

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

Sounds quite exciting, unknown art style, could be anything! But given her previous stuff, it's definitely going to be good!

What's one of those? Lol

Hopefully I'll be able to drag one back this week, I realise it's very late now but hopefully I can get back to daylight hours a bit. Though I've just been looking at the timing for my experiment, I don't know that I have time to do it all before my holiday. Which means wasting weeks before starting, or leaving it in someone else's hands for nine days. And I know they won't do it the way I would...