Off Topic Playground

Hey Osoi!

Heh yeah, cells grow so slowly and you can't test them til there's millions. So, much growing of things and twiddling of thumbs. And tending them every three days, so no weekends off lol.

Wedding's late April, so if I get things planned this week and prepped next week, I can get it all going just in time to grow more up on the actual surfaces I've designed.

Yup, the terrain project should be a howler. I reckon it will actually be simpler to make a series of standard parts and cast them than it would be to make a whole board of uniques.

Things are good down here, had a state election on the weekend which was interesting. Ran 1 day achievement tourney on Sunday too that worked out real well, and its actually cooling off enough to start painting and terrain making again

It's sitting in a lab carefully pouring it in layers in tubes that's the odd bit I think. It looks weird as you work with it. Heh.

Woo, painting! Should I do some tonight too?

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Also, what you painting?

Currently to finish off my pair of Wardens that one has been almost done for a couple of months now and the other about 1/3 done. After that I'm really struggling, I have decided not to increase my resser collection further and put games with Misaki on hold for the time being and now I am torn as to whether I buy both the Relic Hunters and Dark Debts as I want to make and paint the new plastics (but not Misaki - go figure) then theres the Friekorps who are still taunting me for not being fully painted still so they are most likely to get on the table prior to new crews

On the modelling front I am building buildings and fixing up my gaming board, thats going to be a couple of month long project I think

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Yes you should try and do some painting too Mako

Right, I'll get some paint out and play with my fire gamin some more then!

The more time passes, the more I want a freikorps box set. That and the strong arm makes a simple but effective crew, which would be a relief from the rest of my shenanigan filled crews!

Little bit. I have a scene with Arias and Kiiva that I started, a scene with Arias and his new CO, need to expand out that scene with Victor and Waechter, and now a scene with Soli and Ann at a party. In two out of the four, I have new characters to flesh out and develop, in a different set of two I have old characters to flesh out and develop to get use out of my secondary characters... and that's not even counting the bits of ideas I've got drifting around in the back of my head!

... (goes to change)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

And we're back...thanks for mentioning that, lol. Yeah, it really is a lot for me to try to get down. On the other hand, it's nice to get some of the secondary characters sorted out... Ann Jensen is finally getting developed, which is nice. Granted, she decided to go a direction I didn't expect... dark skinned and lesbian was a bit of a moment of '...huh.' Well... this is the kind of stuff that happens when Elle lets the character take over the keyboard.

Sneaky, I like it!

Right, two gamin down and one to go on this layer. Then a little bit of black, a dab of blue, and the skin is done. But really, Sophie wants to work on the flower dragon. I promised she could start it when we got three projects off the list. So far, she's working on three quite well!

Heh, it's a bit odd when a character's sexuality wanders off. Mind you, I can't pretend it didn't happen to me when I wrote Jozef.

---------- Post added at 03:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

The steampunk girl, giant Lucius, and the fire gamin (technically that project is all of Kaeris' crew so we'll see how long she keeps that up...

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Hey suspenders, put them in a blender, three bat's teeth and a blackened gypsy eye...

Oh, that's right, you mentioned being back to Lucius. How's that going?

And yeah, it really was weird...but it seems to fit the character, so I'm going to run with it. How obvious/forward about it she is I haven't determined yet... although there are definitely some tropes that I am very definitely avoiding. Ugh. >.< TvTropes can be a lot of fun, but it can also be somewhat angering at times...

Heh, I think I managed to hit every trope on the way in, and several more on the way out with Jozef. I should be ashamed, but he's too funny to care lol.

Not too bad, been working the basic shape of the upper body into place so I can refine the proportions a bit better. I'll get some photos up this week I think.

Wait, there are ones worse than the ones I knew about? Oh dear...

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Did you finish your misaki crew in the end Ed? Can't remember seeing some of the models, but I remember others...

Yeah, there are some really horrifying ones. There are some that are just 'bad' from an annoyed writer perspective (the tendency of LGBT people to be killed off by the end of the story is incredibly high...I'm annoyed on multiple levels for that one, including that means that I can't kill Ann off now, lol), and then there are some that just make me angry on a moral level. Anyway, it's no less than some of the other tropes I've found in other topics...

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

No, haven't gotten back to them. Still got myself stuck on how to do it, I love that purple technique, but it just isn't working as a main color with the rest of it matte... I think I'm going to try doing a dark purple/grey for the main color, and use the amethyst to do some freehand designs, actually.

Ah, the ones that are almost like prejudices sneaking out via the pen. Those annoy me no end. Still, at least I know Jozef will survive, would suck if he died, he's a focal character! Hehe

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

Ooh, that could work really really well. I'll look forward to seeing that when you can get yourself to want to restart!