Off Topic Playground

Well, it took long enough, but I finally got myself through the Babylon 5 series. Still got a couple of the movies to watch, but got to the end of season 5. Kinda a bittersweet ending to it. :/ Might try to aim for an ending like that for my novel, it was very nearly perfect.

They just did a farewell episode, really. A 'twenty years later' kind of thing. Showing what happened to the cast members still alive, then the station itself was shut down, decommissioned and blown up because of the hazards of leaving it in place. More details than that are super spoilers, honestly.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Never got into Babylon 5....

I don't think it's for everyone, but for me, it's the best scifi series I've seen filmed. It's got great characters, an awesome story, some real depth and complexity to it, and a storyline that runs from beginning to end. No real 'fluff' episodes, if an episode wasn't dealing with the overall plot it was focusing on a character. Helps that it reminds me a lot of the Honor Harrington series, which is a novel set I love, lol.

Yeah, I was impressed.

Granted, purely because I know how inspiring it was to Elle, I'm about to go through it again anyway, LOL. Got so many ideas for characters, plots, cultures from that show... wonder how much more I'll get on a second pass.

She's decided to be even crueller to one of the main characters. I won't say who as it would spoil it lol. But the story already ruined them, allowed them a brief reprieve, then gave them another kicking. Now she wants to really twist the knife...

Well, that's what happened to one character in Babylon 5. Poor Londo...the hell he ended up in. Eeesh. Anyway, that's my way of saying that you might as well go for it. Just give someone a happy ending, that's my only request. And not one of the villains!