Off Topic Playground

Ooh, tricky one. I'd say space out the important ones dying, there's always space for a redshirt to bite it! Bonus on the battle thing being sorted, always good to get past stuff that was going slowly.

If I get time tomorrow I might do some writing during the day, my laptop came back having had the exact repair I said I thought it needed. Lol.

Yup. External hard drive is always a nice little emergency setup. Might even put up photos of the fire gamin so far in celebration. Means working them on the pad but this once I'll manage lol.

Question is, now I'm going to have my nice keyboard agin will I carry on with Jozef's little tale, or the novel.

You've got time to think it over, but I'd lean towards a "not beyond the rulebook level" unless you simply must have a model or two. Getting people to play a smaller game like this new version of Warzone, Wild West Exodus, Godslayer, or even something with an existing base like Hell Dorado is going to be a very tough sell. Malifaux was hard enough.

People are reluctant to try even if I bring everything needed. I've been trying to get people to try Alkemy for ages and I've flat-out said "I bought all this stuff so people could play with me without having to spend anything" but no dice.

I get not buying into everything (WWX is so tempting- the GF wants a starter), but what is the harm in trying something new, unless it really doesn't appeal to you? Anyway, getting off on a rant there, so back to Warzone...

The rules look good (betas were posted today). They are different yet familiar- so far the only thing I don't like is the weapon strength/armor modifier table, and it's not too bad (every point under Str 10 is a +1 to save, every point over is a -1, Str 18, 19, and 20 weapons inflict more damage). I still prefer 1st Ed's subtract weapon strength from armor for save target method, though.

I haven't had the chance to look at the PDFs yet so I'll check it out when I get a chance tonight.

I didn't play second edition only first and I'm tempted with some figures but for the 3 first armies I have most of what originally came out...

I need to pull it all out!

Ahh, nice comfy new boots and yet another bit of paint.

How's everyone tonight?

Tired and annoyed... I missed that my primer screwed up so now I need to strip my Yan Lo, McCabe and Lady Justice Crews along with my Batman Joker crew....

I hate stripping models... I'm wondering if I should just rebuy them!

Yup. External hard drive is always a nice little emergency setup. Might even put up photos of the fire gamin so far in celebration. Means working them on the pad but this once I'll manage lol.

Question is, now I'm going to have my nice keyboard agin will I carry on with Jozef's little tale, or the novel.

Novel. Link together what you've got! lol

Lol, I probably should! But Jozef is such fun to write, he's quite different to my usual characters in some ways. I'll see if I can inspire myself to get back to the novel, will have to skim through and see what's there, what's not, and what I want to write.

Oh no worries, I was just curious. You had a writing surge as well as normal life going on so I did suspect that had eaten up the time lol. There's a lot of unanswered questions in it, but hopefully the right ones get answered properly! No promises though lol, it was a bit of a random writing session!

Ok, thread is updated with photos, stuff is tidied away, what to do next?