Off Topic Playground

Fun stuff, actually...got school stuff all done up. Today is the start of Week 6/8. So, moving along with school. I got the Campaign Paradiso book for Infinity, been reading through the faction fluff for the Tohaa, pretty impressed with how different they managed to make them from the scifi standard molds.

Have to say, the more I read the fluff, the more interested I am in the various factions. There's still models that I'm not thrilled about, but the factions themselves have a lot of identity that's impressive.

Oh, on another topic entirely, my artist friend, the one who's drawing stuff for me? She's interested in trying out the playtest with us as part of some one shot encounters.

Greetings.

Eddy, here is my basic Tohaa list for 150 Pts to get to learn the game:

3x Kamael with Combi Rifles

1x Clipsos with Combi Rifle, Mines

1x Ectros with Vulkan Shotgun and Nanopulser

1x Makaul with Heavy Flamer, Swarm Gs and Zero-v Gs

1x Sakiel Lt with Viral Combi Rifle and Swarm Gs

That is exactly 150 Pts. :)

Does it sound any good? :D

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

D'aw. Bah bah Mako!

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

D'aw. Bah bah Mako!

Organizing what? :0

I didn't really get into special rules yet. I was just going to go with that and the quick start rules to easy myself and a friend into the rules, since we're complete nabs.

How does this fire team assembly work? :3

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

I also chose the Sakiel to by my Lt since, he is not as large of a threat as the Ectros and wont be focused as much as the big guy would.

Heh, you might want to keep it that way for the first few games, then. The Tohaa have a rule called Fireteam: Tohaa. What this does is it lets you form teams of three models that will act as one unit. So, for instance, I ran a fireteam of a Gao-Rael sniper, a Makaul and a Kamiel. As the Active player, I had the sniper be the team leader, giving him an extra shot each order (Burst 3 instead of Burst 2). As the reactive player, all three of them could react if one was threatened. The reason to bring along a Makaul is that he can drop a Zero-Vis grenade to protect his team members. Additionally, if they want to shoot, they all get an extra shot for being a Fireteam of three models.

Fireteam:Tohaa is one of the big rules that makes the faction really interesting. However, it isn't necessary to learn the game itself. I would actually recommend playing your first couple games without the rule for two reasons. First is that it's one less rule to worry about as you nail down the mechanics. Second is that you're going to be horribly spoiled if you choose a different faction, most of them can't get Fireteams, lol.

Sounds like a vicious set up. I like it!

Yeah I will ease myself into the game with all the many rules and the likes. So I will keep it small for now. Though I do have almost all of the models except for the Hatail models. I am kind of confused about that model, since it doesn't appear in the Paradiso book like the other models.

Is it a proxy model you can use for anything you need? It would explain the multi weapon options.

Campaign: Paradiso is exactly what it says on the tin. The book adds some new units, the Tohaa, but most of all it adds 16 narrative missions for Campaigns. The Spec-Ops models are specifically for the narrative campaign. During the campaign, Spec-Ops models can improve their skills and add to their weapons load outs as they earn experience.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I personally intend to get one for a Spec-Op for when we run the campaign locally, and to get another one to proxy a Kumotail.

Just checked to see if their online army list maker is any good. Doesn't contain any Tohaa. D:

At least my phone's app is still good. Gotta see if I can print out the lists. Worst case I will just have to spreadsheet the suckers so I have their stats available.

I will be looking forward to my first few games. My friend is playing the Caledonian Highlanders as his first crew. So we will have Space Scots vs. Space Vampire Fish. XD

Ooooh okay. I am not that far yet. :'D

Could also use the Hakail as a proxy for a Clipsos with a sniper rifle. He does that a hood and the gun available.

Though I wont get into that too deeply until I actually have had some time to mess around. I am sure they will release the missing models over the course of the next few months.