Off Topic Playground

Man, I handed you way too many comics to read, didn't I? lol. Girl Genius, Darths and Droids, now DMFA...

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

The one problem with reading GM blogs- being introduced to new game systems that sound like fun... like Shadowrun...

More like too many systems, not enough people interested in trying anything they haven't played... :-P The amount of crap I got over wanting to play an Iron Kingdoms character in DnD 3.5 (the core system for IK at the time) because it wasn't 'DnD' lead eventually to me swearing off almost that entire group.

Not this weekend, no. Woke up sick after my nap on Friday, so missed Star Wars... Saturday was a get together for all of the February birthdays for one group of friends that was much larger than I expected. Got the chance to meet new people, touch base with people I hadn't seen before. Beyond that, a quiet weekend. Did some research on terrain, looking forward to getting my refund check so that I can do some real investment in good terrain pieces.

Yeah, wasn't too happy about that. Ah well. (shrug) Not much I can do with that.

I'm hoping to be able to be able to expand my kickstarter pledge for Bug Hunt to include a full board, rather than just cranes and crates. The big thing I've been needing for a lot of games is more terrain... 40k or WarmaHordes style terrain just doesn't work for Malifaux or (especially) Infinity. I can put together a good amount of buildings because of Terraclips and other things, but I don't have any smaller LoS blocking terrain.

I'm not sure about dedicated stuff, but certainly a lot of it. I'm working first on doing some simple rooms and buildings, but I want to paint them neutral enough that I can turn them into centerpieces for other boards. I really think some jungle matches could be a lot of fun. Sure, snipers aren't super useful, but if you're trying to control an objective in a firebase in the middle of the board and there's a lot of open space around the base, it makes for some interesting planning and hunting.

That would be sweet to see! Terrain is definitely the thing I want to work on this year... helped by the fact that, unless I do pick up Haqqislam sometime soon (...no comment either way...) I don't have a lot of miniatures to pick up for a long time, so I'll be able to put my hobby money into terrain choices.