Off Topic Playground

Heh, I don't get any official holiday, I just get to sneak off every so often with the boss's permission!

I'll stop buying things (haha, yeah right!) and make sure I have a bit of slush in my account to use in August, I'll claim it as a birthday gift for me even if it's a week or two early.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Hotel hunting time then, and should probably see if shine can figure out if he'll be about and have the funds to go.

Well, the nice thing is that we've got a long time to set aside money...and that was one of my goals for this year anyway, to get better at working with a budget. Just add this in as a budgeted expense. At least we have until June to sign up, makes life easier!

Yeah, that's pretty convenient.

I've been living as budgeted as I can, just in case the endless costs of the flat back home keep going. But I've got a bit more than I thought after expenses so I reckon I can save enough by then.

Hey, if we all end up there we could actually have a session of TtB live!

Might be fun to get the chance to chat with him some! I wonder if there'll be room for any open gaming during the weekend, or if all the tables would be stuck doing tournaments...

I do believe that this is going to put my Dropzone Commander interest on hold... I want to finish grabbing the stuff for my Ten Thunders (not a whole lot for that) and I think after that I'll be putting a hold on any miniatures projects or video games, since those seem to be my biggest expenses most of the time... aside from cars breaking. >.<

If you can stop the cars giving way, yeah I reckon the mini stuff is the killer!

I'm restricting myself down until I get all my guild and neverborn done I think. Almost all my ressers are done except yan lo's box, and then it's Kaeris and Colette. But I think once I get past the resser push, it's back to guild when I'm not working on my snipers or DzC diorama.

---------- Post added at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

And then I'll hopefully be able to get izamu and yin and paint up the masters of the path stuff so I have two functioning resser crews lol

Yeah... well, that's a risk I'm willing to take, lol. I don't mind Jakob's look, but the rest of the crew doesn't exactly inspire me. The rules sound fun, I'm just not itching to paint them like I was with the rest of the Faction.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Erm, any of you know when they will release the official Hamelin PDF Card Erratas?

I have no idea, sadly. :/ Hopefully soon! Would be nice to see that project all done up.

I doubt anybody at my local store will pick him up, since the whole errata issue is nothing really new. Just cannot be sure about potentially older players or 'strangers'. I just do not want to be caught off guard at an event I host. I guess I will just print out the page where it is listed as of now and take that as face on until the new PDFs are out to the public.

Hey, you can use mine at GenCon if you like lol. I'll try to get them done in time!

Nah, I hope to have Yan Lo and Misaki all done up for Gencon, actually! Reminds me, I think I might have time to do some painting tonight... >.> Hmm...

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Sounds like a good plan there bleach.

As a pleb, of course, I don't have to worry about these things! And a non henchman OTTer is a rare beast lol

Actually, Alf one time asked me what it would take to get the OTT called the official henchmen hangout, I told him he needed to convert you and Steam, LOL.

Oh crap, didn't even think of that. O.o Note to self- print Hamelin's errata...

Heh, I wish I could do painting. But soon it's baking time forth the back of the wing, then I can do the final side and all the other bits!

Well, I'll probably have them if I have space, so if you get the urge...

Might get a new case so I can store and carry all my crews once I've finished them. Starting to get to the limits of my current case just because of the pluck foam!

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

That would involve me having two painted crews (ok, working on that one) and actually being involved in running events! And since the local store has Shine, and the malifaux community there seems to be me and him, I'm probably not needed lol

My problem is, if I fly over to the states, I'd rather go back to Denver to visit my family and friends living there. I am basically all alone in that aspect over here, besides my mother.

So it would be kind of nuts to fly over for a three day convention. Haha. Usually I pick up the goodies on eBay, like I did the Dead Justice crew and Miss Demeanor.

Will you be wearing the black pyjamas if you do? Heh.

I use a KR multicase Aquilla 4, it's lightweight and carries Kirai's crew and lady J's crew in a half size section, with Jaakuna and big stuff in the pluck side. Problem is I have a small model layer and a normal one, the small one only has my seishin in at the moment as the bases are a tight fit. But I'll see what fits where as I get more painted, could always pick one up in April at salute, KR have a stand there

Oh, I was going to mention Sabel Army Transport...little pricey, but a lot of room in that case. I've got a Motor Pool one, and I can fit in a few layers of 2" foam into it.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Awesome. <3 We will have to see though. If I can get a couple weeks off, I might combine the whole trip. Though I wouldn't take any crews with me to play. Lugging thet stuff around on the airplane would be kind of risky.

Probably funny at security to.

That's okay, you could borrow one of mine, most likely, lol. Not as pretty as yours, but it'll net you some games!

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

And no to the black pajamas...if I dress up, I'll be trying to manage that steampunk costume, and getting a vest with 'Henchman' on the front like a dealer's vest.

I use Feldherr transport cases to carry my models around. Really great stuff.

I have a big bag and in there I can put three 30mm layers and one 40mm layer. Perfect for plenty of stuff. I can get pretty much every non 50mm Ressurrectionist model in the big bag. And I mean every.

http://www.shop.battlefield-berlin.de/index.php/katalog/nlayer/1527-1-unknow.html