Off Topic Playground

Oh, you absolutely will! Working on making a schedule for my life, and I intend to make sure a handful of hours a week (or more) go to painting...that Wastrel was a lot of fun, and it definitely gave me the painting bug. I think I'm going to start with either a Torakage or a Ten Thunder Brother, try the metallic purple and the metallic green I got and see if I can make a workable scheme from that color combination.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Heh, just got a nice compliment on a piece of my novel...writing a moment where a villain waxes philosophical. I completely disagree with his views, so it was interesting to write, but the feedback I got back was 'very nice. total psychopath, but I can see where he's coming from.' Achievement Unlocked- faking a philosophy realistically!

Start of the semester. Got a few of the really easy assignments out of the way, but I want to get others done. I've got...three due Thursday, I think? So tonight I'll get to work on those, and hopefully some painting. And I owe the artist who is drawing stuff for me on commission some descriptions of airships and dragons from my novel.

Heh, amen to that. Oh, and I'll probably spend the next few days jotting down ideas for The Most Dangerous Prey too...it'll be weird writing a story with a Guild protagonist... >.>

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

Heh, we're rapidly approaching 40,000 posts...that's a scary mile marker for this thread!

Hmm...

Which should I do first...

The Most Dangerous Prey, about Ralph Gray, the Witchling Handler, or

Letters from the Quarantine Zone, a journal story about game hunter Sir Willoughby Toddhunter-Brown...

Ralph Gray would be a fairly serious one, while Willoughby would be more of a fun and silly one...