Off Topic Playground

Huh. Interesting. Not my usual genre, but still, interesting concept.

Follett is a great author. Really good at his craft. But his books are pretty thick. This one is about 1000 pages, paperback.

I read another one of his books too. It is called 'Pillars of the Earth' and deals with various parties included in the erection of a cathedral in middle aged England. Damn good stuff. :B

Yeah, the crazy is probably funnier from outside without the deadline looming like an iceberg!

The plan got changed to Fimo and casting after a couple of people said they might want one, which added three days to the process and made it somewhat more fraught than just GS alone!

Plus it allows me to test out the casting supplies I can get before I try to do some of my bigger pieces. And green justice too so I can paint them!

Heh yeah, they were a bit popular, but those are only going to be a single shot cast just for me, so the originals aren't at risk when I use them. The harpy is just a harpy though, even if I will be using it as a shikome when I play malifaux. So that one I can do multiples of happily!

It does have a 6-7 cm wingspan. Although it will be one piece across the shoulders so with luck the wings will be pretty solid! The other one (or two if I have pose ideas) will be a bit smaller, though it might be a while til I get round to them *wink*

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Aye, commissions are startlingly expensive when it's a one off. Custom pieces are a real wallet breaker!

I can wait... Kirai is low on the playing list at the moment. Beautiful models, will one day finish painting them, but her playstyle is all wrong for me. Not a big 'summoner' style person...which is why I like Seamus for the Ressers, and why I'm betting that if I end up using Yan Lo a lot, it'll be an Ancestor heavy list, rather than a Daimyo Punk Zombie factory.

Well, there are some that cost several hundred pounds for a single 30mm sculpt. My old commission finding boss used to estimate my time at 100-150 pounds per 30mm model.

I'm getting used to Kirai's shenanigans, though I do tend to forget that I should just absorb and recreate stuff. She's probably not my ideal playstyle to be honest either, but the models are too pretty to pass up!

At the end of the day, the Master that fits my playstyle best is Misaki. Quick, aggressive, dancing on the razor's edge kind of madness, lol. Mei Fang does it too, but she likes to spread damage around. If I'm committing to a target, I want it to die sooner than later, hence Misaki winning out.

Oof. Man, I am getting a helluva bargain out of my friend for her commission work drawing...

Isn't she supposed to be the most competitive master for Rezzers?

Her crew is currently last on my Rezzer painting list, but I do plan to test out her crew and get used to the crew's synergy.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Ugh. I'd rather spend the 1000€ on materials and practice making my own stuff. :P

Kirai is extremely competitive, in the same manner as Colette. Quick and speedy, with the ability to bring along some decent Significant minions, plus some fun survival tricks (go Seishin!) make Kirai awesome. However, it'll be interesting to see if the meta changes as Yan Lo hits the board with all his tricks from Yin and the Daimyo.