Off Topic Playground

Heh, at times it can...oh well. Working on writing during down time...trying to keep myself writing for the novel (or at least, fiction) once a week at a minimum this year...we'll see if it works out. Looking forward to seeing that harpy! How are you going to pose the wings? Out and wide, or furled around?

Wide, I'm going for a pose like an eagle striking its prey. So feet forward, body tilted forward, wings out wide and back

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

That's a good plan with the write something each week, I might steal that!

Mostly, tolerate their unpredictable, unreasonable and occasionally insane demands lol.

Probably not be in quill this time, I've got a couple of other things I want to focus on, like this sculpt and the snipers. And the play from next week on. And to get back to my novel if I can too.

Lucky that sometimes they're darlings to have about too. Which is why we put up with it all!

Almost time for paint on them, just got one last smoothing and sanding on the base edges and it's ready. It's weekend I'll make some progress on them I reckon.

They are darling things, aren't they? lol. I have to say, I'm surprised Sophie hasn't bugged you for a model of her yet!

Yeah. I intend to get some painting done this weekend...Saturday, a friend and I are going to the game shop armed with paints and brushes and do a painting day.

Oh, I'm sure she will in time! She's quite content to whisper madness into my ear for now at least. I'm sure she was amused by how easily I caved in to making a model from scratch to finished by next weekend...

Sigh. What chance do I have at a relationship when she's already occupying my head! Lol

Painting day sounds pretty sweet, what you gonna be working on?

Woot. Got me some Red Bull.

I am considering to launch a big project after finishing up my Ressers. Mainly to prep so I can launch the Halloween and Christmas story encounters at my local store.

Just noticed I will need loads of models to do this...

Will probably come down to about 50-60 zombies and 30ish ghastly ghosties. Hmm.

Woot. Got me some Red Bull.

I am considering to launch a big project after finishing up my Ressers. Mainly to prep so I can launch the Halloween and Christmas story encounters at my local store.

Just noticed I will need loads of models to do this...

Will probably come down to about 50-60 zombies and 30ish ghastly ghosties. Hmm.

...O.o What is this for?

Yeah, I want to see how that paladin paints up too! lol. I got a set of Warm Greens and Cool Greens, so I'll be able to mess around with that limited palette scheme some.

Yeah, I did a limited palette with purple a few years ago of Skarre the Pirate Queen and it was a lot of fun...but Citadel is not limited palette friendly, lol. Hence the shift over to Reaper Triads.

The Advanced Pursuits are going to be interesting to see, but I doubt I'll get to mess with them myself, lol. I foresee me running more games than playing...

Zombie Halloween events. You have four zombies pop up each round (8 rounds total) and any dead models become zombies as well. Let us say a high average of 20-30 zombies per game... To host such a thing on two tables...

Ghosts are in a similar matter. Will probably need about 12 each game. So 15 for two tables.

20 Pumpkins and maybe 15 or so Pumpkin Zombies. Some other few markers... Ooooooooh boy! :0

Zombie Halloween events. You have four zombies pop up each round (8 rounds total) and any dead models become zombies as well. Let us say a high average of 20-30 zombies per game... To host such a thing on two tables...

Ghosts are in a similar matter. Will probably need about 12 each game. So 15 for two tables.

20 Pumpkins and maybe 15 or so Pumpkin Zombies. Some other few markers... Ooooooooh boy! :0

If you find in-scale pumpkins, let me know, I'm interested in getting some.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Yeah, reaper have some good stuff. Never used them myself as they used to be really hard to get in England, but I've heard good things.

Aargh, so many tiny scales and fur strands!

Scales? Why scales? O.o

Green stuffs for pumpkins.

Once I get my regular gaming materials finished (Corpse, Scrap, etc...) I will work on some models for those. At least prep them before I go for a paintathon. I would like to get the models Wyrd has designed for these events (Twisted Range), but I do not really want to buy 60 Zombies at 5€ a piece and only have three different models amongst those. Maybe Wyrd would give a discount on a bulk purchase? :0