Off Topic Playground

Ate too much, drank too much, did zero exercise.

Almost finished Far Cry 3. Read the first book in the Chronicles of the Black Company. Over half way through the last Ice and Fire book. Watched plenty of DVDs. And slowly continuing my swamp scenery. Just trying to work out how to stop the tiles from curling up due to the PVA. I now have 2 trees on the go. It's slow work because it's kind of boring. But I'll get there in the end.

What did you get up to over the holidays?

How was the Black Company book? I almost picked it up one day, it looked interesting.

I did a lot of Skyrim. A lot, lol. Also rearranged hobby space, started a game board, and finally got the muse to show up again...if a little more sporadically than I'd like. Working on a scene right now.

Sort of like the Erikson Malazan books in that it takes a while to get into as nothing is really explained. But it's good, I've started on the next one already. It was just a Christmas present I'd added to the list. I've also got 9 Kris Longknife books waiting, plus a pile of Kindle ones I picked up in the sale. So many things I want to read and so little time.

I picked up The Desert Spear and The Painted Man by Peter Brett, Soulless: The Parasol Protectorate book1 by Gail Carriger and some other books I've read before that I either borrowed off someone (like The Empire of Black and Gold) or have a really old copy that's falling to bits (like The Magician). At 99p I can be generous with my spending.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Plus there's still things on it at the moment that I haven't read yet.

Looking forward to it, Chocobo!

Yeah, that's kinda how I'm looking at it...I've got the broad picture of what's going on figured out. I'm just now trying to find that middle ground of explaining enough to give the concept, but not so much that I'm locked into something that's not the right idea. I've had the what of my magic system figured out for a while, now I'm onto the how. Well, we'll see if this works, lol.

Looking forward to it, Chocobo!

Yeah, that's kinda how I'm looking at it...I've got the broad picture of what's going on figured out. I'm just now trying to find that middle ground of explaining enough to give the concept, but not so much that I'm locked into something that's not the right idea. I've had the what of my magic system figured out for a while, now I'm onto the how. Well, we'll see if this works, lol.

remember less is often more