Off Topic Playground

Yeah, from what I remember he carefully made the sets playable, although I don't know if the points costs match up perfectly. I was tempted by the mid size army deal since it has shiny aircraft and the fun those things provided when we were testing was fantastic.

Yah, never was convinced on the scourge drop ships myself, they look ok but they are odd. Nicer in the hand than on the page though. I painted a desolator and a carrier dropping off scuttling thingies (intruders, I think they're called). PHR and UCM are awesome, I know how I want to paint the PHR and I've not bought into it yet!

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

O the guest painters page, mine are the fleshy bony ones lol. Organic and a little gooey, with slit pupil eyes *grin*

Rules to make 40k playable? A whole new set of rules, then? Lol

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Oh yeah, and you've reminded me. I really should make some more models for my game so I can test the rules, since I've written them lol

But it's grimdark ! The only thing anyone ever does is kill people that look a bit different! Hehe

And I don't know that I'll ever release the rules, I've seen how people treat games and their designers! The first test will be me and an old friend from home, where noone can see lol.

Oh, don't tempt me to make a game round him, it would mean a ton of dark mythology and 45mm scale models! Nah, this would be the small scale one, with ships and dragons.

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Oh no, I'm never ever going to use kicksulker! I'd rather not release it! Lol

Well, I just found a copy of the DzC rules for cheap...proud of myself that I'm stopping there, lol. And Mako, I really am serious about wanting to buy that big fella when you start making casts, he looks awesome so far, and I've been on the lookout for well sculpted monsters for roleplaying purposes as a GM.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Change the topic? What to? We've covered painting, hobbying, alternative options for games from Malifaux, kickstarter, what else have we left out tonight...

Well, he will hopefully be the first of an occasional and quite limited series of Mako Miniatures releases, as long as he doesn't go badly awry at the face stage! I'll keep you on the little list heh.

Cheap rules is good, everything is measured from centre to centre if I remember right so proxying shouldn't give you any problems at first

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Oh yeah, I didn't see what they were like but I saw a thread on it somewhere. They any good?

If all else fails, I'll pay for a limited edition 'blank mask' copy. *wink*

D+D Miniatures? No...hm. Might have to look into that. Not really looking for anything for Players, I'll be using either Star Wars miniatures or Malifaux ones, but there's so many different ideas of monsters that it won't be hard to come up with ideas for some.

Oh! As a shameless plug, you guys should check out the Fatemaster's Handbook thread in the Writing Room and post some ideas. *grin*

I know there's an exchange rate, but sheesh, that's a lot of money per set...

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Still, if they keep that high of quality, I'll bite if I ever get a party together for some old fashioned DnD.

*scribbles names on list*

I debated a scenic base, but people on a different forum seem to be coming up with lots of ideas for what it might be that weren't what I was planning, so I think it might be smarter to leave it off lol. Going to ponder that one as I get along the process

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

Heh, I know exactly how he came up with his prices. Long phone conversations with him as he got frustrated at what he had to set his prices at so the distributors didn't totally wipe out any profits. They take a whacking great cut compared to stores and manufacturers, he discovered.