Off Topic Playground

Tomorrow starts the adventure of painting...putting the Crusader and Monique on hold until I can afford some new paints, so going to try painting Chiaki. For years, I've been wanting to try to recreate a design from the Battletech books on a model, I think I might give it a shot with her. Shin Yodama is a yakuza with a tattoo of a black mist, with gold flecks in it. I want to try painting Chiaki's robe in black, and drybrushing it with gold to give it definition and the hints of that gold mist idea.

Ahh, corruption by stages, very clever! Turns out one of my workmates is a warhammer player, I might see if I can use minionfaux to lure him into malifaux without having to try to learn all the rules myself!

You never know til you try Ed, and I'd go for almost full highlights on it, or the gold might not mesh in with it. But I'm just guessing.

I definitely will...going to see if I can snag the digital camera and do WIP of it throughout. Looking forward to painting her, should be a lot easier than my last projects.

The other though I had was drybrushing the gold straight onto black, or do a partial highlight of the black, drybrush the gold and wash it...not really sure what I'll try, but I'll figure out something. Might do some spot testing on my second Onryo that I never painted.

Molly has only had one outing, all the Outcast stuff is not even painted....

The other option is carry on mixing it up but not really learning anybody very well.....

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

This gutter is quite nice, Mako has done a great job on the interior design down here

Honestly, what's wrong with sticking with Mei? If you have a player really enjoying her, then you both can learn you and trade secrets. I'd say pick whoever is most interesting to you and play them for the next few months. If you keep worrying about who your players are playing, you won't have anyone to play yourself eventually!