Off Topic Playground

I know there are parts that can be fixed, like the skin could be smoother, and the pants could use a highlight color, but her skin is Bugman's Glow flesh base, Ogryn Flesh, followed by Kislev flesh. The blue is Macragge Blue, Asurmen Blue wash, Calgar blue highlight, followed by a Guilliman Blue Glaze. The hair is Averland Sunset, Casandora Yellow Wash, Yriel yellow (I don't like the yellow glaze it makes everything splotchy). *sigh* I'm proud of it, and it looks good on the table, which is all I care about in the end. :)

My skills are improving lol. If I were to trot out my Trollbloods and compare them to some of my more recently painted Malifaux figs, you'd see improvement. My Trolls are almost literally: Prime, basecoat, first layer (no highlighting), wash with devlan mud or appropriate shade, spray coat lol.

I've found that Lady Justice, the Judge, and one Death Marshal vs. Seamus, Sybelle, and one Rotten Belle makes for a good demo game, especially if I play Seamus.

My skills are improving lol. If I were to trot out my Trollbloods and compare them to some of my more recently painted Malifaux figs, you'd see improvement. My Trolls are almost literally: Prime, basecoat, first layer (no highlighting), wash with devlan mud or appropriate shade, spray coat lol.

They sound miles better than my early high elves and night goblins back in the dawn of time. No primer or undercoat. Just base coats. Lets just say they were repainted once my skills and painting knowledge improved.

Heh, I have one that's literally Testors enamel flesh tone, yellow (like somehow that's golden) armor, black chain, and a solid metallic sword. Looks awful, and I think I may repaint him just for before and after shots.

I will likely do the prime/basecoat/wash method on my rank and file troops for KoW. I want them painted sooner rather than later.

Inks on white primer can be surprisingly effective if you're doing mostly brighter colors.