Off Topic Playground

Good, she doesn't outstay her welcome unlike my dad. Always nice to see them in small amounts. I ate way too much while she was here as she wants to do the cooking (yay!) but serves up mountainous plate fulls (boo!). I suppose I could count it as an early Christmas meal.

Any plans for Thanksgiving/nightmare shopping day(s)?

Heh, I just hated running into the ending and getting beat down as hard as I was. I was playing a dual saber weaponmaster, with most of my powers geared to aoe. Meant I was great for crowd clearing. Got to Kreia at the end of the game...and bounced. Hard. Even on easy, lol.

If I had the save file, I'd definitely try that, lol. I only rented the game, sadly, have no idea if that file exists anywhere now. Might try to track the game down again sometime, though. Right now, the only video gaming I'm doing is another play through of Dragon Age: Origins, and then I'll be doing another run through Dragon Age II, get a second file up and running for when III comes out.

Indeed. I just finished ME3, actually, and have to say that I was pretty satisfied with the end. Bittersweet, but it fit. Have some quibbles with it, of course, and I had the extended cut, but still, it worked well. And I'm really looking forward to the next Dragon Age, it's interesting to see the same team working on two very different methods of storytelling. ME following a single character, whereas DA seems to be more focusing on turning points in a story larger than the characters.

I dunno, I liked Merill, personally. Then again, she was one of...two characters I liked out of that grouping, lol. The other being Varric. Playing the original made me really miss that cast of characters, I liked most of them. I'm playing a dual weapon Rogue and running around with Leliana, Morrigan and Alistair, it's hilarious whenever they chat, and so far it's working pretty well.

I liked Merill and Morrigan. It's the NPC mages you bump into who turn to blood magic at the drop of a hat. I really want to support them again persecution but they just make it so easy to hate.

"Doopy-doo. What a wonderful morning, it's great being a mage. What's this? Someone's finished the milk. Noooooo, time to invite a demon into me and turn into a twisted monstrosity!".

Yeah...yeah...lol. Well, I didn't help mine out any since my one playthrough of a mage in the first game was a Blood Mage/Spirit Warrior...certainly made things interesting. Just went upkeep heavy and tapped my health for anything offensive, then grabbed a shield and a sword with the Blood Dragon armor.