Off Topic Playground

Haha, points to Ed, I see you out there in the threads smashing tropes with hammers!

I really do hate that trope, lol. It's the reason why the primary antagonist hasn't been referred to yet in my novel. I don't want to name them yet, but I refuse to do that whole game.

Strawberries for Christmas sounds awesome...I wouldn't complain about that at all!

Starfighters of Adumar. One of the X-wing series.

"That old lack of oxygen thing will get you every time. How much brain damage did you suffer?"

"Wedge..."

"And, more importantly, was it to any of the parts of your brain that you use, or was it in the majority portion?"

Wedge & Wes (SoA)

"A noble of Cartaan comes to you and says ‘I know we have no diplomatic relations yet, but I’m here to request asylum in the New Republic.’ What do you say?"

"Is she good-looking?"

"Thank you for making my point."

Wedge & Wes (SoA)

"Boss, please tell me you're not putting us in women's clothing."

"Very well. I'm not putting us in women's clothing."

[…]

"You lied to me."

"I did. With my brilliant achievements in the diplomatic profession has come the realization that lies can be powerful motivators."

"My faith is shattered."

Hobbie & Wedge (SoA)

"If I'm lying in a ball in the corridor, I'm doing a tremendous job of hallucinating that I'm not."

Wedge (SoA)

"If you continue to map the Unknown Regions, you'll have to call them something else."

Wedge (SoA)

I was busy deciding if I'd screwed something up or not...

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

And you know what, I might have gotten away with it.

If it weren't for those meddling kids and that pesky dog...

Sorry, couldn't resist the lure of scooby doo!

Yah, was having a problem with a piece, but I think it's ok now. I sort of broke it and was having trouble with the repair but it seems stable. Which is good considering I need to finish that section up and then work on the other parts!

How's work?

Anything stable is a nice change from OTT! Lol

You writing or character tweaking tonight?

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 AM ----------

Ah, just the forearm of that composite creature. It sheared where two parts of armature should have been bound together, but apparently weren't fully. So it cracked the outer layer but didn't come off enough to actually get glue in there easily. Pain in the whatnot...

Probably a little of both. I got handed a great idea for another alter ego (Twi'lek reporter) that I want to work out, and got an idea for another character that I want to write down before I lose it. (Soldier with Jedi force powers that uses heavy weapons)

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

This composite creature is really starting to intrigue me...this is for a proprietary bit, right?

Sounds good. Will he have summon bigger fish? (You realise linking me to that cost me hours this week...)

I might try something unusual tonight and aim for more than two hours uninterrupted sleep!

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Yup, this one is all my own messing about, so when it's done if it comes out nice enough I might well cast it, though that will be tricky. There's some rather complex requirements!

and you're going for 6mm, right? How big are people in that scale, anyway?

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Oh, and I'm fully aware you lost hours...at least it's a three time a week update. Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Easier to catch up than say, Evil Inc, which is 7 days a week, lol. Did you catch up?

Heh, not even close to caught up yet! Still in the second movie somewhere I think, I spent a lot of time reading the extra info and laughing my head off.

Ah, this piece isn't 6mm, it's a 45mm scale one. But it's pretty big, about 100mm tall in the end. The 6mm I'm working on at the moment is about a centimetre long. Would fit in the big guys hand lol

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

Oh, and at 6mm scale, people are, well, 6mm tall <.< >.> <.<

Probably, yeah. It was possibly more inevitable than bundling all the most overused tropes together and seeing how it turns out...

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Nah, the big one is just for the sake of making an interesting model. The 6mm is a whole separate project. Think of it as a game company and a boutique miniatures studio, all in the same demented brain...