Off Topic Playground

This will not end well. #Goes to gather fire extinguishers and medical supplies.#

Don't I'm just stock pilling fireworks for the 5th November, then they will all go off at once

*Evil laught*

Fireworks are fun. What's the occasion?

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Yep. I ordered the omnibus of volumes 1-3, and found the novel for about 7 bucks at the same time...figured I'd give it a shot!

Bonfire Night, it's an English thing, we have bonfires, fireworks and toffee apples ^_^

So, what are people's plans? Other than writing of course. How much of the day does that take on average to meet your Nano goals?

Um. Depends on the scene. Sometimes an hour, sometimes 6, lol. So far, pretty quick, here's hoping that the rest of Nano goes as well.

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Don't I'm just stock pilling fireworks for the 5th November, then they will all go off at once

*Evil laught*

Bonfire Night, it's an English thing, we have bonfires, fireworks and toffee apples ^_^

Wait. Guy Fawkes day? (and yes, I only know of this because of V for Vendetta)

So, gym was actually kinda fun today. Not a long stop, but easing into it this time, hoping to not crash and burn. 15 minute fast walk, 10 minutes on an exercise bike. Started going through Blood+, remembering why I like that series. Now just to resist the urge to do this gym/chocolate/writing thing every day this month...couldn't afford the gas or the hot chocolate fees...

Never tried Blood+ as I wasn't keen on Blood. Is it any good? I'm still whittling down the current new series of anime to the handful of watchable ones.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

I perfer girls personally ;)

Me too if I haven't seen a guy in decades. Although I guess I could be a hermit in an internet enabled cave who hasn't seen anyone.

The story is very different, actually. I haven't seen Blood, but the two are related in name only, for the most part. The way it weaves into the plot is that Blood is what happens when someone forces Saya awake...and Blood+ is when she's in her normal 'waking mode'. Great story, one of my favorites. The characters really shine forth as good writing. Honestly, I was going to start watching 08th MS Team (only 12 episodes), but the converter grabbed the wrong audio. (kicks converter)

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

I've just had a horrible realisation. I still need to read and vote on the iron quill stuff before tomorrow!

Wow, I'd almost forgotten bonfire night. Without the fireworks suddenly being everywhere and the build up, it almost passed me by.

Yeah, you do. Although I might extend the author voting, I've only heard from three of you... >.> Chocobo...

*grin*

Work was pretty good. The writing session technically doesn't start for another hour, although I have to say, business is pretty brisk here for this early in the morning.

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

*runs away with the thread*

Hey, wait, we need that!

The story is very different, actually. I haven't seen Blood, but the two are related in name only, for the most part. The way it weaves into the plot is that Blood is what happens when someone forces Saya awake...and Blood+ is when she's in her normal 'waking mode'. Great story, one of my favorites. The characters really shine forth as good writing. Honestly, I was going to start watching 08th MS Team (only 12 episodes), but the converter grabbed the wrong audio. (kicks converter)

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Yeah, you do. Although I might extend the author voting, I've only heard from three of you... >.> Chocobo...

*grin*

Wanted to wait till a day where I didn't need to rush it

Fair enough. No rush, I'll hold off on announcing till Sunday at the least, I know that I messed up the timing on this one. (sigh)

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

So, Steam, I've decided that your namesake and I share a trait. Overtired=hyper. So far, it's pretty entertaining.

Eh, it was never going to be easy timing it with NaNo there too. And I meant to read them all week, I just never quite did it, so it's my own fault I have to try and fit it in during NaNo!

Luckily, the experiments I want to do have a five minute run time, so I can hit go and then read one before I have to do anything else. I'll get them done today so I can have the weekend free for painting, sculpting, and desperately trying to get ahead of the NaNo counter as it ticks upward slowly!