Off Topic Playground

Heh, if I'm at 22000 words when 11 days is up, I'll be stunned. And probably struggling for ideas! But seeing you at 2000 made me keep going til I hit the days target, so maybe en masse we can reach the end!

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

You may need either 1. Some wonderful automaton blokes, or 2. A really big steam powered giraffe that smokes *grin*

Um. For today? Not a lot, lol. 388 words. But, that's what the remaining 21 hours of the day is for!

---------- Post added at 03:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------

Honestly, it took so long to do because I didn't want to wrap up the scene that way...but couldn't find another way to do it, lol.

Oh, not too bad. A third of the way through the next scene, over halfway to the next word count mile marker. Getting off work in the next 40 minutes, going to the gym for a run and then to the coffee shop for calories, hot chocolate, and writing. *grin* Work hasn't been too bad either, honestly.

Sounds way more fun the the week I've had. Oh well, I'm glad it's a Friday and even if the weekend goes by too fast it will be a nice change. Just 8 hours or so of work to get through first.

I've started on that new Joe Abercrombie book. Good so far. The other one I'm reading A Shadow on the Glass is still very hit and miss. It's by no means a bad book but I'm not gripped by it.

Fireworks are fun. What's the occasion?

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

That's one of the Girl Genius books isn't it?

Yep. I ordered the omnibus of volumes 1-3, and found the novel for about 7 bucks at the same time...figured I'd give it a shot!