Off Topic Playground

I just can't seem to get that "smooth" blend. It always seems to come out "stepped" and "chalky" somehow,..

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Hey Mr Monkey. Welcome to the room*G* I've seen you around, but we haven't spoken much.

Interesting course of study. Just try not to get caught up in the "political posturing" of it all. Always seems to happen when people discuss religion.

Yeah, it's always interesting. Also interesting when I'm in a different theological camp on issues than my professor. >.> Not necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes frustrating to see straw man arguments being taken apart rather than going into other parts of the issue.

What's the new job?

Hmm, I'd suggest a series of experiments involving glaze medium, matte medium, drying retarder, and flow improver. And the usual thinner paints, more layers.

Unless you go for the French method of drying retarder, then slap both colours down thick and quick, and swirl a wet brush through the seam!

Not here I am not..... :)

Blending can take a bit of getting used to, but after some practice you can get through it pretty quick....

Oh, right, you're ahead of us. Meh. *wink*

Happy Halloween, then!

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Hmm, I'd suggest a series of experiments involving glaze medium, matte medium, drying retarder, and flow improver. And the usual thinner paints, more layers.

Unless you go for the French method of drying retarder, then slap both colours down thick and quick, and swirl a wet brush through the seam!

What do you use to thin your paints, Mako?

Um, a mix of Windsor and Newton galeria media. Retarder, flow improver and matte medium (that's a new one though, still getting used to that. Is a little different to my old Vallejo glaze medium). They come in big bottles for ten bucks, and get diluted before use so they last ages!

That's where the retarder comes into it's own, I've had GW paints adjusted so they take half an hour to fully cure off!

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Although I do like Vallejo game colour for the increased flow and pigment quality. Their metals are nice too, especially the model air ones

still got my scuplt sitiing in limbo too. Just haven't settled on something that i want it to look like.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

did just post up my take on the weaver widow today though,.. like the highlights,.. hate the blending

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

man,.. i can't spell today for crap.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

blames it on the typo-demon.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

monkey,.. I'm down with that. Military monkey style take-over!!! Muhahahaha!!! (might make for interesting sculpts though,..)

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

or better yet,.. ninja monkeys,.. *ponders deviously to myself*

I'm with you on that one, for the same price I can get top notch brushes hand made from a place back in England!

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

O good grief, it's gone midnight and I'm wide awake again...

Yeah,.. it is getting late. And I have work tomorrow. But at least tomorrow is my friday.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Anyways,.. time for bed for me. G'night folks. Hope to see you guys again soon.

*spins web and swings off into the night*

Ooo, that just boggled my mind! Then I realised you don't work Monday to Friday lol.

I don't think it's worth going to bed yet, I'm too awake. Is not like work tomorrow will be strenuous!

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

I have a GW brush I use all the time ..... for mixing paint..... :)

My mixing brush is a GW masters series paintbrush. It lost its tip ages ago, so when I got better ones it got relegated to primer coat and mixing!

Yeah,.. it is getting late. And I have work tomorrow. But at least tomorrow is my friday.

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Anyways,.. time for bed for me. G'night folks. Hope to see you guys again soon.

*spins web and swings off into the night*

Later. (waves)

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

I just realized, you're online early tonight, Monkey. No overtime?