Off Topic Playground

An old card game. Four players, you deal out the deck in equal amounts and try to avoid getting points. You get points by getting the hearts and the queen of spades.

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

Little Nemo! I remember seeing a movie about that story.

Sick. The cold I thought I'd got over came back with a vengeance. No gaming or painting done all weekend. Is was fine on Friday but maybe waiting in the rain for the bus finished me off.

Got lots of Borderlands 2 played and finished the Elizabeth Moon book. I've now started the Iron Jackal by Chris Wooding. Awesome so far.

I like it, a lot of authors could do with a bit more time inside their characters' heads. But he is taking it a bit too far these days as he sometimes goes around every character to get their thoughts on what just happened. So three people walking into a room and spotting a doughnut turns into fifty pages of each characters knowledge of the others, their own past and the doughnut itself. Then there's maybe a sentence or two then more thinking about what just happened.

...man. I didn't notice that at all, lol. Hm, I'll have to watch for that next book of his I go through, I'm curious if I'm just skimming over it... I know Crown of Slaves was like that, not that I remember, but that's more Eric Flint as author than Weber.

So, what's the new book?

Morning all, another night of short sleeping sessions and random periods of lying awake totally confused about what time it is. I really would like one night of unbroken sleep...

Wait, I'm now 4 scenes behind? Blast, I need to spend sme time reading!