Off Topic Playground

#Hands him an extra large umbrella#

Use this to fend them off.

Thanks this will until starts to attack me as well 0.0

Best not give ideas

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Maybe it's something to do with Shintoism. If everything has spirits then sooner or later one of them will be in a bad mood.

*see a boomstick*

I wonder if I could appeal to the spirit to help me

*watches the Broomstrick get up and start mopping up the thread*

Ah, Futurama...

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

(yawn) Oh good, I'm still tired enough to sleep now that I'm done with that scene. That shouldn't have taken as long as it did, especially since the fight itself was 'copy, paste, edit'. Bah. Stupid getting dragged into things by the parents...

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

(yawn) Oh good, I'm still tired enough to sleep now that I'm done with that scene. That shouldn't have taken as long as it did, especially since the fight itself was 'copy, paste, edit'. Bah. Stupid getting dragged into things by the parents...

Um. Not bad. Becoming very rapidly cynical with some of the discussions on the Nano forums, lol. Decided I need to avoid them, however fascinating (train wreck style) they might be. Need to write up a couple school assignments before midnight tonight...don't want to, lol. And decided to do a rather drastic change in Soli's motivation, so that's fun. Going to something I have a little more personal experience with that will also explain why she is what she is.

Did you manage to sleep last night?

Ahh, the train wreck threads. SO hard to look away but so irritating to read.

On and off with sleep, got an hour, then awake again, then two hours, then turned off alarm and got another hour. Not very restful but at least I'm awake now, right?

Personal experience is always good for characters, they come out smoother and more real I find. Although Malin will probably have you really worried about me when I start that in November!

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Incidentally, what version of excel are you running, since 2010 isn't brilliant at making files that work in earlier versions. If other NaNos are running something else, I'll tweak the formulae to work better in older ones.

I dunno, villains are different, lol. Isabella isn't really representative of my personal experience either. Most of my characters aren't! So Malin won't worry me too much, lol.

It's more that trying to write a believable character with the background I had thought of for Soli (someone tried to rape her as a child) is so far out of what I understand, and I've rarely seen it done well in literature, that it just wasn't going to work. In the end, I want her to be a protector, and I want that to be her motivation. I can shift the attempt off of her and onto someone else, or I can come up with another scenario of something similar but less...disturbing.

I run Open Office, honestly. So, I'm not sure about how things will work.