Off Topic Playground

I used loctite super glue (the really strong stuff) and it's been working great for assembling the plastics.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

Ah yes, that's definitely a mark against. Oh well, I've always ended up working my birthday since I started working...

Ah, poor Gonzo. So misunderstood. Still, him and Rizzo the Rat made Muppet Christmas Carol the best Muppet movie of all time. Wonderful foils there. And Gonzo playing Dickens was amazing.

Glad to hear you made progress with it! Looking forward to seeing the modification. How hard was it to do?

Not too hard. Just took some clippers to the old green stuff and it cracked off then pushed a little bit of new stuff onto it and prodded it until I got lucky and it resembled the beak I wanted. I'm not talented enough to really sculpt something, but little parts like that or messy broken things like the body aSeamus is dragging should look ok after painting.

It's never too early for WIP photos! *looks at his Lucius sculpt* ok, maybe it can be.

Happy birthday! I tend to work mine when it doesn't have a bank holiday attached, but the I try to ignore mine as best I can.

Busy work day today consisting of an ikea trip followed by assembling new desks in the office. I miss the days when being a scientist meant working in a lab...

Nice bunch of stuff there Shaper

Well this should be an interesting day, I get to start teaching myself how to use solidworks ... then after that others in the office. It looks like a lot of new processing software we are looking at is going to work off solidworks models so no better time than now to start learning

Sounds good, always nice to learn something new.

I got myself a duvet, woo! No more freezing my ass off! Also a little bedside table, a lamp, and a totally unnecessary massive rug. But it's so pretty I had to have it. Damn you ikea...

And spending the entire afternoon making desks and rearranging the office was great fun

Ah true, only two days to go until a couple of days of sleep and freedom. As a sculpting update hopefully, now the progress is slightly less embarrassing!

Dodgy stuff that is still a bit prototypy then?

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Ok, I'm a cretin. I just started reading the quill entries, and then realised as I got partway into the fourth that I was reading my own...

All, it wouldn't do for him to do it right and spoil the flow of the pattern!

I think I've decided on the entries, a nice small round makes reading them all fairly fast. Will pm you my votes.

Now to choose whether to try and do anything with the last moments of the evening, or give up for the night...