Off Topic Playground

Aargh!

Wanted to get a laptop in a store here two days ago, but it was out of stock so they ordered it online for me. But can't use a debit card online so had to use my British credit card. Just been on the phone to them, they only accept US or Canada cards.

So now I have to go and use my credit card in store (which they will do) to buy a gift card for the price of my laptop, then call them and use the gift card to pay for the laptop...

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Don't worry shaper, I'm sure Aussie customs are tying it to a wallaby at this very moment, and showing it a map!

Wait, 3 models in a day? Good grief, you're painting faster than I can prep stuff!

Well, maybe a full size kangaroo then. Or a chain gang of convict wallabies, with a koala in a sheriffs hat to keep them in line.

I think the resin fumes have got to me again...

Sleeping, honestly. Sleep pattern all reset now. (rolls eyes)

Anyway, glad to have Kang almost done...gonna leave him alone for now, not expecting to play him much on Saturday, what with a 20SS tourney. Up on the painting block now is Mei, who has a lot of her basecoating done already. After that, the Rail Workers. Haven't even assembled any of the Fire Gamin yet, still debating if I want to give the coldfire a go.

And I've got homework to do up. Not a lot, some writing and a quiz, I believe.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Oh! And SPG is coming to New Jersey! Bit of a hike, but might be fun for a roadtrip!

Heh, you unlucky people and your sleep patterns. It's so much more amusing to just sleep randomly!

Cool, that's some good progress then on the crew. Mei work well with the fire gamin then? I'm still surprised the depleted can give out burning tokens, it seems a bit random

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

New Jersey? Thats a lot closer than Texas! Whereabouts there, do you know?

*gets out the pole to pry him off the wall*

Evening Monkey, how goes it?

ed, that's pretty awesome, I'll have to find out what I have to do to get into the US! Maybe we could Malifaux and drive our way down there (although I have no car, which might screw that plan up a touch...)

Webmonkey, how's it going?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

*gets out the pole to pry him off the wall*

Evening Monkey, how goes it?

ed, that's pretty awesome, I'll have to find out what I have to do to get into the US! Maybe we could Malifaux and drive our way down there (although I have no car, which might screw that plan up a touch...)

Bus?

I was guessing it would take a few days, especially if we took gaming stops en route lol! Still, I can use the excuse of seeing the country next door to my workplace and just go AWOL from work for a little while *wink*

Not much here Monkey, although for a brief while I got very creeped out by the skeletal lucius I have on my desk

Just as long as it doesn't come to one of those horror flick type scenes. You know,.. with the creepy looking $$$$$$$$$$$$ or the creepy porcelian child dolls. You know the ones. If you come back into the room and the head is turned like it was watching you leave,... be worried.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

$$$$$$$$$$$$,.. even

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

wow,.. that's interesting,.. the word c,.. l,.. o,.. w,.. n,.. is blocked out? why?

Yeah, if that happens I'm going to avoid the whole night of terror situation, and burn it straight away without ever taking my eyes off it!

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Ahh, that's a little phobia one of the Wyrd guys has I believe, he hates them so much it's even bleeped on here!

Sounds like a plan. Just don't do the classic blunder of running into the basement (or bathroom) when there's no other way out.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

oh,.. to be invisible in mako's room,.. just long enough to turn a doll head,.. *LOL*

Well, if you do, you're responsible for however much of Toronto gets wrecked while I try to make doubly certain that thing can't come back!

On a different issue, it seems my superglue doesn't hold as well as I'd thought on the new plastics. May hae to go find some plastic glue