Off Topic Playground

Have stopped sculpting for the night, eyes were getting tired which usually means the sculpt goes bad soon after. His hat is sorted though, so now it's a matter of hands and then the troffin smoke. Bungle needs a troffin before I can start working on him, so got to get one finished tomorrow for that. Still sculpting the base panels for the third, so zippy doesn't get one yet. But with no upper body, that's hardly his biggest problem lol.

Hows work going?

Not bad. Found out what was wrong with a bunch of failed boards. Stupid mistake I should've noticed a lot sooner, but oh well. Now I get to write up a report on them and reject them back to inspection to find out why they didn't notice.

Figuring out what to do once I get that done. I think I have an idea, so that's helpful.

And...trying to figure out the next blurb of writing. Still. >.< The annoying part of writing something this big- figuring out how to pace and order it so things work.

Hmm, lucius' pose is vexing me. Having walked about and stopped as imperiously as I can, his left foot should be a little forward, right foot turned a touch outward, and cane leaning slightly forward as it goes up to the left hand I think. but what the heck can I have him do with his right hand??!

I did contemplate having it adjusting his cravat, but he doesn't strike me as a man who would have to adjust his appearance ever...

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

Pacing is something I have no control over in my writing, it happens as it happens. So when you work out how to pace stuff, let me know!

Good job you caught them all though, now you get to have someone else's butt kicked for it and not yours!

I think I see what you mean, like almost supporting the arm by holding his lapel? That would be good, I just have to get the angle right or he'd look a bit napoleonesque!

Might tilt his head very slightly downward so he looks condescending too, if I can do it subtly enough.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

Ah wait, did you mean just resting the flat palm and fingers on the fabric, smoothing it?

That's the aura he needs to give off really, isn't it though? Massive arrogance and terrifying power all in one demented package...

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Aha, if you look up photos of prince Albert (Victoria's consort, careful googling that one!) he often had his thumb tucked across the top of his belt if his arm was free. And Lucius has those closures on his jacket, which should fit the same bill. A tough higher, but it should work I think.

This weekend will probably involve some sawing, drilling, swearing and such, to build the whole skeleton in order to get proportion and posing dead on before I start.

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Ugh, I always feel like I've been egomaniacal when someone asks for paint advice and I say 'there's these guides I wrote...'

But that is why they're online I guess, I do write them for my own benefit and fun as much as anything else, but I put them up in case they're useful. So not mentioning them would be silly, but it still feels arrogant!