Off Topic Playground

My computer can handle newer games just fine, the games themselves freak out when they start to interact with the hardware. The PC is just too new...if they ever do another medieval one, I might give it another shot...

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

I got the Napoleonic one, and the Medieval one.

That does suck quite a lot. Rome is great fun, it's the game that taught me what happens if a lot of elite legionaries turtle up just before they get hit by a big flaming rock from my catapults...

That was so much fun. My best was a flaming rock hitting a street packed with pikemen in tight phalanx formation and some elephants who then trampled any survivors after they ran amok.

Medieval 2 was a bit temperamental when it came out, but they patched it ok I seem to remember. Empire was great fun (good old british glory days, eh?) but that thing was bugged to hell and back. And they took forever patching it right!

I got the Napoleonic one, and the Medieval one.

I know the Medieval 2 was buggy on release. And even when patched its combat system wasn't great. Not played the Napoleonic one as I have less interests in the muskets. But its in my Steam list as it was dirt cheap one sale. Maybe if I'm in the mood after reading Safehold books I'll give it a go.

That was so much fun. My best was a flaming rock hitting a street packed with pikemen in tight phalanx formation and some elephants who then trampled any survivors after they ran amok.

It's fantastic to watch elephants go, I always took some warpigs just in case, when the Carthaginians were the problem. Something about setting fire to pigs is worryingly funny to see. Probably quit a lot less funny to do in real life though.

Never took the pigs. But I'd often have the war dogs. They were fun to unleash.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Eh, go figure. Well, I'll keep on keeping on...not that I need more distractions from writing and the school work. Alright, I'm going to go lie down...it's either that or start writing, and I really don't trust Elle when I'm exhausted...

Have a good weekend.

Heh, do you trust her when you're not?

I think I should be able to start reading today, work will have a lot of gaps in it.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Read it! Good work man, some really interesting characters going on. I thought at first I didn't like some bits, but then I realised I actually just had this wierd distaste for the mages (not because they were bad characters of didn't work, I just seemed to pick up Arias' dislike of people with that kind of power!). And the side effects were a real serves-you-right moment.

And then I felt a bit mean for thinking that, its not like they're actually bad people!

I normally don't mind it at all, I just seemed to align really quickly to his viewpoint which worked to draw me in. And then I got over it in vaguely the same way. I didn't dislike how it was or what it was from outside, I was looking at it from an inside perspective almost, where being stuck next to that power without access to it is just unnerving!

And no doubt we'll be taking over the place in the nights again, it does seem to be ours late night until the Aussies and NZs appear! We really should work on sleeping...

Meh. Sleep is overrated, lol. Besides, the late night conversations are always fun!

And I find that really interesting, because I wasn't trying to pull that off... Wonder if that's happening for anyone else. Hm. Well, it'll make later chapters interesting, that's for sure, because mages are going to show up more often. Granted, so will 'normal' characters, so hopefully it'll balance out...

Oh, they're not a problem, I like the characters, and the divided 'you're a lovely person but I wouldn't stand too close to you in case you overload' works quite well to give a sense of what the poor sods caught up with fighting them must feel! I just have this faint lingering distrust and wariness of their motives...True, the late night insanity is fun. And tonight I will be sculpting silly details again no doubt. Hoping to cars the tokens this weekend too

Edited by Mako

More Death Marsupials?

Oh, and I don't remember fully where the idea came from, but you should do one of them as a possum, playing dead.

So, if you don't mind me asking, is there anything you think I could strengthen up for the story? Or with any of the characters? (sorry for picking your brain on the topic, lol, this is just my first chance with feedback from other than Steam)

Other than being careful not to bring in too many different groups and too many different perspectives in the near future, I can't think of anything at the moment. With the three separate threads you have in the battle already, bringing in many more might risk losing focus a bit.

Possibly the marsupials, though it's the gremlins that are occupying me at the moment. Trying to get one a bit further before stopping for photos