Off Topic Playground

Well, it's mostly that where he's at currently could turn into a battle of its own, but the scene is starting to feel like it's dragging on. (I expanded my opening scene from 2,848 words to, currently, 9,869, and I'm not done) So, I think I'll use him to deliver the twist that he was present for last time, and keep it at that.

And I really do know what you mean, lol. Quite a few Fridays of 30+ hours, depending on how much sleep you had beforetime it can be okay or really, really bad.

That's a hell of an increase! You're right, probably best to keep him functional rather than padding him too much at this point. There's always later on.

Had a change of plan in my quill entry, the one I thought I'd do won't work in 1500 words separate from the rest. But the one I was going to do last time works so much better changed around to fit this theme, so it's all good.

Aye, I'm a bit up and down in energy anyway, if I'm feeling full of energy I can go two days no problems, but if not, it hits like a ton of bricks balanced on the front of a bus. Fortunately, not sleeping cos I'm playing with Sophie is usually the easy one. And the blasted girl still hasn't stopped...

The theme, and I have a horrible feeling Sophie will have some disturbing way of getting the thimble in there...

1500 still seems good, I just wanted to spend a bit more time with the new character, he's got so much blackly comic potential that it would be a shame to rush him. He comes into the big story in a chapter or two, so I can wait. Meanwhile, Jansen's back story should fit neatly into the space, and will actually help out the current chapter, it almost fits as an interlude after the point the main one is at on here. Very convenient, I thought.

Yeah, poor lad had a complicated life to start with, and then he ends up breach running, which probably made it a whole lot worse! Mind you, bits of it are echoes of the crap I've dealt with being in science lol.

You decided if you're in or out yet?

Yeah, whatever you do don't end up with an ADHD muse, it doesn't go well! Although at the moment, I'm in a fairly relaxed state and ideas are just bobbing into my head gently, and forming up nicely together. Tomorrow when I wake up, I reckon I'll have an art style for the 6mm stuff chosen. Not very useful, but fun to contemplate casually.

Oh, not too much. At work, keeping things from exploding. Not exactly thrilled to be here, and somewhat regretting my decision to try for overtime...but I'll live. One glance at prices for armor for SCA put into perspective how handy overtime would be right now. In the meantime, throwing on my collection of anime theme songs and writing during my dead time. How about you?

Society for Creative Anachronism. It's a worldwide thing, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about a group in New Zealand coming to a world event that happened in our neck of the woods for a tourney...

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

So, when is the wedding?

I'm not really sure, honestly. I know that what I want to do, and probably won't end up being able to afford, is get a suit of springsteel. Easy to maintain, but pricey. A set of springsteel gauntlets with full articulation is going to run right around $450 without anything fancy, but then again, gauntlets and helmet are the most expensive parts of a kit. What I've been told is that a 'get on the field' kit will run about $300.

Eh, lol. I just find it funny that after all these years, I finally found a sport I'm interested in. And, honestly, I'm probably going to get a decent quality 'get on the field' kit (probably going to be more than $300, but that's alright) and then start upgrading it one piece of kit at a time with the stuff I really want. A springsteel suit (or titanium, from the one site I found, which is attractive because of the 1/3rd the weight) is expensive to get all at once. Spread the pieces out over the course of a couple years? Not so bad.