Off Topic Playground

Well, I know there are a few players, because they've been lamenting the lack of an active henchman lately, so I thought I'd do the organising bit, and see how it all goes. But it seems that the only people interested so far are me and someone else who's moving here! Still, two is enough to play, and from there we can conquer the world! Muahahahahahahaha...

Ahem.

If we can get it going, one day we should have a cross border event, is there a gaming store at niagara? 'Faux on the falls'...

Ah, I have a passport. It's even got me into the states a few times before! And cant you guys just show your ID to get into Canada? Or is that just a rumour i heard?

Or maybe we should hire a riverboat and play right on the boundary! (I think this resin fog is doing things to my head)

I don't fit the requirements for henching yet, I have to finish painting two starter crews and then go see what else is required. So that's Justice, and... Erm... Bugger. Need to pick another crew up then! Stupid Kirai, Colette and Jakob (when he gets here) being complicated. Kaeris I suppose, but she's not that newbie friendly either.

I also need a lot more regular time playing and such, so I stop forgetting everything between games! On the bright side, someone has offered to help me get things moving, so W can at least play while we plan. Also, this way I can do unofficial prize stuff, like perhaps a certain cast item for the winner...?

Yeah, I just picked whatever crew I liked the look of, which has almost entirely been the tricky book 2 ones! Vanessa is tempting, although the rest of the viks box doesn't inspire me so much. Maybe I'll have to spend some time on the online store looking...

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

How goes the reading?

At least there's no danger of you accidentally writing battle tech bits into a report if it's just reading!

Hmmm, from book one, I have problems. The resser boxes all have models in I don't like (Sybelle, oh dear god no!), pandora seems cruel as a demo crew, so I end up down to basically Ramos and Raspy. I love Raspys original model, way more than I do Ramos' and I like his a lot too. But her box set, pretty stuff but I do hear its about as useful as a chocolate teapot...

Viks and Perdita are lower down the list simply because my mate from back home got them when I got him into Malifaux, so I'd prefer a different one. But perditas crew isn't bad as a box.

Ophelia could work, Sonnia too I guess although I'm less sold on her and Samuel's sculpts.

Wow, I'm a picky sod aren't I?! This could turn into a fairly epic game of pick Mako's next crew!

Wait, Lucius is ok as a starter? Hmmmm, possibles...

Edited by Mako

Heh yeah, but they're not all good to land on new people! I may have to sit there and make a list of all the boxes, cross off the ones I don't like some of the sculpts in, then have you guys cross off the ones that suck without lots of extra minions, and then see if anything survives that!

And in the meantime, I have some legs that needs a torso...

What's everyone up to? Including you Ed, since you're clearly not focused on your reading *grin*

Well, I narrowed the list down. Seams would be in there, but I'd be sculpting a new Sybelle which probably wouldn't be good for demo's (although I dare say it might prove popular!)

Top of the pile are the Hoff, Marcus, Tina and Lucius (probably in that order, it's close but Lucius lost out on top position for the gut on that captain!). Followed by Ramos and Ophelia, then by Dreamer, Sonnia and the Perdita comes close after that.

Of course, at least two of my top choices have box sets that get universally panned, but that's typical!

Tina and Lady J make for a really good demo matchup. You get a good variety of rules to learn (casting, combat, defensive triggers, offensive triggers and casting triggers). Make sure to do well with the terrain, and it'll work well. The Death Marshals have Hard to Wound, so you learn that rule, the Gamin have Armor, and HtW keeps Raspy from nuking people off the board.

Well, that was an easy choice! Also means at some future point I get to paint snow storm, and the acolyte, which suits me nicely.

Why is it that the first pair of legs came together easily, and this one foot is giving me no end of trouble...?!