Off Topic Playground

I saw this post and this image came into my mind

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6609[/ATTACH]

Not judging or anything, personally I believe in legalizing it(and then taxing its sale to pay for universal health care).

Bahaha great stuff. Taxation on a product that we have available to us makes too much sense. Sadly there is a social stigma attached to such things (as we have seen) but who knows where a reformation will end up.

There is too much money not being made to be Ignored. Let alone the care one medicine can facilitate for so many symptoms. There is some interesting research to be read about all this but that will be for another time and discussion.

Anyways thanks for the laugh!

Napoleonic wars, eh? Neat! Not my cup of tea, but new games are always fun.

So, we've got a good number of stories for the Iron Quill this time around, and four more days to go before it's done. Here's hoping that we get some more, this round has been a fun one to read!

This week? Not too much. Quiz due at midnight tonight, Iron Quill wrapping up for this round on Friday, and then the voting begins! Right now, I'm listening to a Black Library audio drama, quite impressed by it so far. Thorn and Talon, the Dan Abnett one, it's a pretty interesting method for things.

It really depends on the book, honestly. For the most part, Black Library is a male version of the Harlequin books. Instead of romance with little plot or point, the books tend to be violence without plot. Myself, I tend to avoid most of the books nowadays, but Dan Abnett and Sandy Mitchell are both good authors overall. Abnett writes the Gaunt's Ghosts books, following an Imperial Guard regiment, and he's written a lot of detective style books with Eisenhorn and Ravenor. Sandy Mitchell writes the Commissar Cain books, which are both enjoyable and hilarious, because the main character is an absolute coward.

Cheers for that, figured they would be pretty hit or miss, and I am so far behind in my reading anyway I cant really look at any new books for a while.... :)

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Good luck with the painting Steam ... we can offer advice on your thread

Any series like that, with multiple authors and different characters and stories, you're bound to have some good and some bad. I can recommend some to you that are rather good, but so far the two audio dramas I've heard (Dead in the Water, a Commissar Cain story; and right now I'm listening to Thorn and Talon which is a set of stories with Ravenor and Eisenhorn) are really pretty good.