Off Topic Playground

Aaargh, my life is total chaos! For the ninth time I've had to sort out my posessions by yet another category. Still not got access to the uni housing database, so with a week to go I have no idea where I'll be living after next Friday...

Hows everyone else!

Well, when I left the flat I had to split it into stuff to chuck, stuff to keep, and so on. Then into stuff I needed while staying in York, and stuff I didn't.

Now, several more sorts later, I've had to pick out everything I'll need from everything I won't, and then split that into stuff to go in my suitcase, stuff to go in shipping boxes (53 day delivery!), and thing I'll need at the border to be let in!

Its all getting really confusing...

Yeah, I guess the customs people must want to look at my painted stuff, and try on all my clothes, before they send it on to me!

Which means for almost two months, I have 23kg of clothes and other stuff to survive with. Still, takes some of the thinking out of what to wear!

Eh. (shrug) The classes aren't going too bad. I'm more annoyed that it's eating all my time and energy to put toward writing. :P

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 AM ----------

Oh, not too bad. Bored at work. Working on writing. Started rewriting the opening scene to my book, just trying to figure out if I should start a new thread in the Writing Room for it or try to place it somewhere else entirely, like start a blog or something.

Honestly, I'm more trying to figure out what would be more convenient for people reading, especially since I'm not sure how much of the redo will be new material. I'm definitely rewriting early bits to get some better flow and some actual description, but the plot points probably aren't going to change a whole lot, although I will be adding scenes.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Life would be so much easier without work, least I won lotto this week ....

O.o Huh? Lotto?

You know lotto, buy your ticket, numbers come up, win lots of money.... lotto

A blog might be easier for the rewrites and editing, but why limit yourself to just one area, post it everywhere :)

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Twenty one whole dollars.... which split amongst my syndicate leaves me a cool seven bucks ....

Ah slang, my only nemesis...lol.

I think for now I'll create another thread once I get this section finished, and aim for a post in it a week. That way, if I'm not changing the particular section, something is still being posted, and I can add in scenes as I work on them. Who knows, maybe I'll get some new readers when they aren't seeing page after page of stuff to catch up on! I might do a blog too, although not on here, and link it to my Facebook and just put up a notice when I do stuff. Can anyone recommend a good blogging site for free?