Off Topic Playground

They're so accurate it's both worrying and hilarious!

Ahh, multitasked muses. Tricky. I'm guessing half the time she's paying attention to the one you're not trying to get done?

Funny how, after a while, muses seem to develop a personality and behaviour all their own. It's like having a girlfriend who is fantastic, but utterly unpredictable and unreliable...

Yeah, she usually doesn't want to work on what I want to work on. It's hard to get her focus off what she's set on, which is why I'll have some periods of time where I'm not really working on anything. Right now she seems more interested in working on painting my Thousand Sons, but I have too much writing I want to work on. I had a good chunk of a scene written at one point in time for Carver, so this morning started working on it again and she seemed to reluctantly be going along with it...

And yeah, it's kinda creepy how sentient muses tend to get somedays. Mine actually created her own avatar in writing at one point in time, and it was really weird. She's also surprisingly bloodthirsty for a romantic... o.O

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

I think my muse got lost in the mail. Or she is really really shy.

Probably the second one. You just need to find something to get her attention...what that would be, I don't know, lol.

By the way, Monkey- I include you in the blame for the fact that I just spent the night looking at Forgeworld lists and deciding I wanted to work on an Imperial Siege army as an enemy counterpart to my Thousand Sons. I really was content with the one army, but the idea of being able to do narrative fights really is calling out to me...at least I was able to move from Death Korps of Krieg (holy crap on the price for a squad... O.O) to wanting to do a Space Marine siege force...lot less work.

Oh, I know. Honestly, this is a project so long term it's ridiculous, I'm not doing it for a long, long, long time. I've almost got my Thousand Sons finished in gathering the parts and building, I'm not touching another army until the 2,000 point list is painted. At least I was able to resist the temptation for Death Korps...$40+ for 10 Guardsmen made that an easy bit of resistance...

---------- Post added at 05:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

By the way, if you get the chance, check out Chosen's new story for the Iron Quill. Talk about setting a high bar for the round, holy crap, lol.

Meh I will take the blame for that.... am renowned for corrupting people like that around here :)

My Krieg army stems from the fact that my mate was selling his and he told me I had to buy it as I was the only one he would sell it to, but Guard have always been my favourite army and the models are so nice.

Oh, the Krieg models are gorgeous. I'm thinking about grabbing a set of the Engineers to make a traitor engineer/assault drill unit for apocalypse. Or using the Engineers as Disciples of Xaphan/Stormtroopers so the models stand out from their fellows.

Yeah, I need to put up pics of the past eight months of painting...got a lot of Malifaux stuff done in that time, along with my TSons.

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

So, I can say with confidence that there will be a Carver update today, and probably within the next couple of hours. Woot! Excited to get another section up.

I want to be able to do more! I'm just glad I was finally able to end a section without dialogue! :-p Was getting annoying seeing that quotation mark at the end for some reason. If nothing changes in terms of the plot as planned, I should be able to complete this story in another two updates. Three at the most. Nice to be able to have a marker to aim for...

Actually, I do have plans for the surviving characters as far as what to do after this story. I just really, really want to work on the novel...

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Actually, the somewhat annoying part to wanting to get back to the novel is debating if I jump back in at the beginning and start working on refining the beginning so I can lay out the later bits better, or try to just keep on pushing through and keep adding to it at that end.

I not written anything since early high school so really can't comment. But if I did I'd have either a notepad or wiki set up so I can make a not of any events or ideas in both the long term and short term of the story. But whether that helps tidying up as you go or at the end is anyone's guess.