Off Topic Playground

My Dad is still here visiting so I'm getting a lot of reading done. But he should be leaving at the start of next week. The end is in sight. *happy*

Finished the last of The Wire last night and Disciples 3 on the computer but other than that my spare time is in the garden.

Still going through the Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson (it's my bath book so takes a while).

Book 1 of some Mistwraith series by Janny Wurts. I'm not gripped yet but people say it gets better.

And Theft of Swords by Michael J Sullivan which is great fun.

Since my Dad arrived I've also finished the first 3 of the Warrior of Rome books by Harry Sidebottom, A Beautiful Friendship by David Weber and A Touch of Power by Maria Snyder. So while his visits are terrible for gaming or exercise, I do catch up on my reading.

I enjoyed it as well. I'm looking forward to Fire Season coming out this fall. Should be interesting to see where he's taking the story of Stephanie and Lionheart. Have you ever gotten the chance to read any of the short story collections? The novel itself is based on one of the first stories, but he references another one with Fisher and his human, The Stray.

If you're asking about the author I think you are, he got dragged into finishing the Wheel of Time. Which he did an excellent job with, I just wish they'd finish the last book, let me read it and allow me to move on with my life. I've been reading that series since I was in 6th grade...

No connection whatsoever. New setting, new rules of magic, completely different except for the fact that it's dark fantasy.

---------- Post added at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

The Lightbringer series (Black Prism) has a really cool system of magic involving color that was really pretty innovative. At the very least, I haven't heard it before. And no, it doesn't follow the Magic: The Gathering color system.