Off Topic Playground

She's wearing dungarees and a girls shirt, sort of a victorianised version of Kaylee from firefly. So far the basic shape is sorted out, the arms and head are in place as blobs, and I've started to refine the shoes and legs. Probably do a little more each day til she's done, but I'm hoping she's not going to take too much time.

Ooooh, I hadn't but I just went and looked! Shiny...

Heh, Kaylee is the original inspiration but I have no idea how far she'll end up away from that. But the clothing and hair/face are starting from there, then being steampunked up a little. Not too much though.

---------- Post added at 06:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Plus she's about twelve/thirteen, so there's a limit to what I can achieve lol.

Hmm...I got nothing on that. Good luck on the non-creepy, but considering how much of that is pose I'm sure you'll do fine. Better than Infinity at least... the number of obvious fanservicey poses in that range are kinda annoying...although, they have been getting better at that lately.

Shouldn't be too hard, I mean how badly wrong can a fully clothed early teenager go? Lol. Basically, Kaylee age 13 with books or other school type things. That's pretty much the plan. Not sexy, just neatly done.

Aye, some of infinity's stuff is just dire for the blatant fan service. Still, it's Spanish, so what do you expect lol!

Eh. (shrug) I'm just keeping away from that kind of stuff for the most part, lol.

I think I'm having too much exposition with this scene... but there's so much to explain! >.< Hate that I'm even worried about it, lol. David Weber gets away with two full pages of exposition in his Honor Harrington books before each space fight, I suppose my two paragraphs isn't that bad...

Oooo... I could start reading those again... been trying to figure out some novels I could start reading, and On Basilisk Station would be a great place to start...

Aleph has some. Despite the faction being robots, there's sleazily posed scantily clad females in there. How??!?!?

Ahh, the old exposition question. I never figured it out, like you said some people get away with tons, others barely have any. Is it slowing the scene down badly?

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 AM ----------

I should get back to reading again. Haven't read a book for fun since storm of shadows lol

In the fluff, there's some of it that makes sense... ALEPH the collective is an AI, but its agents are all humans in robot bodies. That, and ALEPH has an obsession with the Greek idea of perfection (hence all the characters being Greek heroes)...so I suppose the skintight outfits are supposed to be ALEPH compromising with societal norms? lol

I don't think it's slowing it down. I did figure out how to not do exposition for one bit of it, so that's good.

Would highly recommend On Basilisk Station... Weber is the rare bird like Stackpole who knows how to combine excellent military action with intriguing political situations.

Hey Osoi, long time no see! How's things been, aside from crazy busy?

Ahh, that makes sense. I still think I'll go for metal plating rather than skin if I venture into the aleph. I like one of the cheesy posed sniper girls, but if I did it flesh tone it would be bad.

And if it ain't slowing it down, I say go for it! I'll have to start reading the honor Harrington stuff at some point. Just having problems getting time to sit and read. Either something needs doing, or Sophie wants my attention...

Oh, Skype is pretty easy. Just not sure that it's the best thing to do, that's all. I've heard of some other things that I need to track down that might be better, since they give us some dedicated bandwidth on their servers for a small monthly fee of like $15...

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

What tournament?