Off Topic Playground

Yeah, that'd be a bit odd, lol. Really glad you put that up, I like how they gave a bunch of different views on their pieces. The UCM I really like the look of, and I know my brother loves the walkers of the PHR. At this point, unless we absolutely hate the rules, I expect we're going to get into this.

Fom what I remember It's kind of set up like future warfare would be, it's easy to hit cos you're using technology to aim, but it's hard to do damage to armour. Infantry are lethal in buildings but dead meat otherwise, and fighters and bombers can really do a number on you. Heh. Not seen the finished ruleset tho...

Well, the rules should be showing up tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday, and, even better, I have time to read it! So yeah, I'll definitely post up my thoughts as I go through the book. The reviews I've read I really like. I do like the fact that infantry are fragile, but have a very real importance in that the scenarios sound like objectives are inside buildings. That way, your army is fighting over the area, while the infantry are working on acquiring an objective and heading out, which I think is neat.

Yah, objectives are building based, you have to get in, get them, and get out. Close quarters combat is brutal too, you storm a building full of enemy there won't be much left after a turn or two.

Will be good to see what you think, as it's one I might get into when I go home!

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Mind you, having my transport full of special troopers and an objective take a battering from anti air fire was both gutting and hilarious.

What I really appreciate is how different the different factions look. Four factions isn't a lot, but they took the time to make them all really stand out. The UCM and the PHR both seem to be human, but they look nothing alike in their aesthetics! I also love the dropship idea. Strategic redeployment is something that I haven't seen a lot of, but in this, it seems to be the whole basis of the game!

Yup, from what I remember the rules got worked to make sure that picking up and dropping off tanks was more useful than driving them across the map.

And the stuff Dave came up with for the factions still impresses me. Does make me wonder what he could do for a fifth if and when he decided to do one!

Hmm, I think I'm done for the day. Not sleepy, but not got the energy for more hobby stuff tonight. Too many projects, I'm getting confused by them all again! Have to pick two out and get them finished

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

To avoid getting into it, or just not interested in it?

I have actively been avoiding looking at the game to tell you the truth....

That's where I've been at for a while, but I'm itching for some scifi again. Just not in the mood to spend $150 on finishing a Chaos army when I could buy a new one that seems like it'll be more fun...especially since AA fire seems to work! Love the idea of flyers, hate how GW decided to balance out the anti-air system.

The Flyers aren't necessarily the problem (exception- Necrons). It's just a revamp of the FW ones. But what they didn't do that FW did was put in stuff meant to kill flyers that weren't flyers.

I'm not really leading the charge on this one, a whole bunch of us have looked into it, but no one's bought. I've invested $20 right now, not paying another cent until another player goes 'yeah, I'll buy in'. Incidentally, that might be my brother, so that'd be simple, lol.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Looking forward to seeing Jaakuna all done up!