Off Topic Playground

given any thought to your guys' monsters yet?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

I have to thoughts,.. just not sure which one I want to go with,.. more monster-ish, or more demon-ish.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

ack,.. "two" thoughts,.. even. apparently I can't type today. I blame it on the typo-demon.

I'm thinking I'll put mine to the vote. I have four options so far, though any extras I like will get added to the list

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

Ooh, a typo demon. Maybe that should be the sculpt! Lol

yes,.. that would make for an interesting sculpt. what exactly does a typo-demon look like?? I'm thinking,.. lots of arms,.. fingers taped together,.. in front of a keyboard with no letters?

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

what are your options? I'll give ya my two cents,...

...sounds like the univeristy admin department!

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

Well, I reckon I'll give people the choice of Toshiro, shikome, flesh construct, or the face stealer from my last iron quill story

I haven't come up with anything just yet. Well, I have, but it depends on the rules of the competition...can I use parts of things, so long as the majority of it is sculpted by me? What I'm thinking is my Nephilim from Redemption and a Pocket Watch, purchasing an armature, and replacing one of the arms with a skeletal hand so that I can sculpt around it. I want part of the arm with the bones exposed, that's why I want to do it that way.

Granted, for a first time sculpting project, it's probably dumber than trying to sculpt Rasha, lol

I don't mind the use of small bits (such as weapons,.. etc) to be used. As long as the majority of the sculpt is done by you. I don't even care if you steal the idea from somewhere else and you just copy what you see. The point is to get people to "teach themselves" the art of scuplting. If for your first few times out you have to "cheat" a bit,.. no real harm done.

However,.. assuming this survives into the future,.. another few years down the line, if you're still "cheating",.. you're likely to get a ration of crap from the rest of us for it*L*

Heh, this assumes that I'm sculpting a few years down the road! Well, seems like it's time to do some research...

Hey Mako! I's gots questions for ya! *wink*

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

So, monkey, what's your monster ideas? A demon and a monster aren't any details at all, lol.

I'll have to post a couple of pictures of what i'm thinking. I have to do a couple of 3d renders in my blender program and see how they look.

my demon is sort of,.. a winged-dark elf-samurai,... probably doesn't sound as cool as I see it in my head.

my monster,.. a summoned thing coming out of a portal, with smoke for his bottom half,.. and again,.. wings. Again,.. doesn't sound as cool as it looks.