Off Topic Playground

I'm doing pretty good. Financials are all in for the next semester of classes, books are going to be ordered soon, and things are going pretty well. Work is stupid, but eh, it usually is. Very, very happy about the new Misaki set, going to have to order that without a doubt. How was your work day?

Song of Blades and Heroes is easy as hell to play, and a lot of fun. Instead of wasting time learning complicated rules, you're focusing on gang-fight strategy.

I've got two rosters based on some of the stuff I got in the Mantic Crazy Bundle- an elite group of 7 Dwarves (hahaha) and a mob of Skeletons and Zombies led by a Revenant Lord and a Zombie Lord. Zombies are tough but unlikely to activate while Skeletons are fairly likely to take a turn but they are weak. The Revenant Lord is the only competent one *zombie* Somehow the failure to activate is really funny instead of annoying (imagine if your minions under 4 stones only had a 1 in 3 chance of doing anything, or 1 in 6 if not within 6" of a Master- that's Zombies in SoBH).

Co-hosting a demo at a new store on Saturday with zeil999; we're each bringing a new prospect (well, my lady friend is already interested in Pandora and Puppet Wars, but still...). Hopefully Chocobo's good karma will rub off on us and we can get folks interested.

Sweet, Dust! Sounds interesting. Hopefully your demo goes over well! D6 game?

And yeah, if you've assembled anything complicated it shouldn't be too bad to get the NM together, but I just don't like anything with that many legs. I got a Blood Slaughterer from Forgeworld, and putting the legs together is going to be a bit of a nightmare...

It's fun. Pretty basic in terms of complexity, but then, games don't need to be complicated to be enjoyed. I've got a Covenant of Antarctica fleet that's been a lot of fun to play, for all the flaws with the little ships...I will say, though, that I'm just about done looking into new games, lol. I've got Malifaux, Dystopian Wars, Battletech and 40k, I don't think I have time for anything else.

Battletech is a great setting, and the game is fun, but the...point system, for lack of a better word, leaves some to be desired. It's kinda out of whack, and that makes for some really, really nasty matchups. That, and certain mech loadouts don't work until you get multiple squads on the board.