Dooom!

Answer me this one, oh Egg of the Wise:

Why do you say Colour and we say color? or Labour and labor? Or what about Pants vs. Shorts vs. knickers vs. whatever other synonyms you can think of?

I always wondered how the change between the Queen's English and American English came about....

We say favourite and you say favorite! Maybe in the days when signs had to be hand painted, US people didn't have enough paint and no-one liked the letter 'U' at all.

And when you say pants, we say trousers.

And a very funny one is we say Bottom, you say Fanny, which means something COMPLETELY different over here!!!

Yes, language is a weird/Wyrd and wonderful thing!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really good, watching it right now

The guild do need a Ht 1 alchemist Master, with a metal brother

Well... that's sorta Hoffman and Ryle..... Hoffman is partially metal and his brother has a lot of metal in him and is rather large... it's a stretch but it's closeish =D

But yes, it is a very good show! I only wish I could actually watch the damn thing from start to finish -_- never seem to catch it when it starts.

It is really good, watching it right now

The guild do need a Ht 1 alchemist Master, with a metal brother

THAT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!! All of the alchemist master's spells would have to be called things like "Don't Call me short!" and "Who you callin' Pipsqueak?!" haha. And the Metal Brother would have spells called "Calm" and "Bigger'en you" :D

Ah, the joys of NetFlix and buying it on DVD :D

Netflix and I have disagreements ^^ mainly my bad luck of the disk getting lost in the mail 3 times and me having to pay for it all 3 times -_-

As for DvD I haven't been able to find a complete series collection yet that didn't have that insane price on it. You know how you can get the real valued ones for like $60 for a 2 - 3 season show. Or you find the rip off for like 100+

Like I got all of DB GT for about $60ish when they came out with the awesume full series box.

existentialism..... great word.....

and I can never hear the word firefly without thinkin' of Mal and Jayne and Zoe and Simon and River and Kaylee and Wash and Book and Inara..... :D

Further proof that you are of the good peoples variety *grins*

Oooo..That would actually be kind of an awesome conversion project. Making the brothers out of Ryle and Hoffman. Though I would see them more likely to be Arcanists,I remember them getting into trouble with the law way too often.

Edited by Dark Alleycat

Ok I had resisted because it is totally stupid but why not.

Being Scottish, Alistair or Ally for short is a fairly common name, so whenever I read words such as fundamentally, realistically etc, in my head they turn into characters

Realistic Ally

Fundamental Ally

and so on

That is awesome!!! :D And totally NOT stupid!! ;)