Looking at Seamus - Looking for Suggestions

Ageral

I am looking to pick up a Seamus crew and so far this is what I have in my cart:

Seamus box

Extra box of Rotten Belle's

Copycat killer

Crooked Men box

Thoughts?

Does this seem a pretty good place to be with him? From what I have read this is pretty much his comfort zone, and it is enough points that I could do fairly large games if I wanted. But still I am pretty new, so I would appreciate some feed back from all of you.

I've never needed another box of Belles. I have the 3, and usually start with 2 to keep one available for raising.

Other considerations with Seamus:

- His core crew tends not to hit all that hard. Bete, the Gunslinger, or some Punk Zombies can help fill this out.

- You don't see it come up often, but he's got some surprisingly good synergies with the Hanged. Trail of Fear makes all the Hanged's Wp-related stuff hit better, and vice versa. If you manage to tag someone with Horrifying (:-fate to Wp duels for the rest of the game) they become pretty much an auto-fail against Undead Psychosis, which can be all kinds of fun. I'll sometimes run him with Canine Remains with this too, for more -Wp hits (Rabies)

- The Copycat Killer is fun, but I think the Grave Spirit is actually more useful. Seamus' crew is already pretty tough, and the +2 Armor makes it obscene. For only one stone, he's a great booster. Link him up with a Hanged (or Shikome) and nothing's going to hit for more than 1 damage per swing.

Excellent, thanks for all of the advice! I made my order and although I have more than I will probably ever field at once I think I ended up with a good selection to try some different things.

I'm excited to give him a go, he sounds like a fun/interesting Master, and I love his fluff!

Excellent, thanks for all of the advice! I made my order and although I have more than I will probably ever field at once I think I ended up with a good selection to try some different things.

This isn't a bad thing for Malifaux. Since you determine your strategy before you pick your crew, having a few spare models to shift things around based on your objective is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Seamus was my first master. I mean who can say no to zombie hookers?

Though I don't run him much as I vastly prefer to play with Zoraida. However, here's my two cents. I generally will start out with two belles, since my third one's arm keeps breaking off and needs to be pinned and I haven't gotten around to it. I never really have to use more than three. But depending upon the objective I guess more are nice to have. I also recently bought some crooked men and am looking forward to trying them out. One model I really, really would suggest playing with is night terrors...when they come out. Not many models have a range hosing ability so that just makes those guys stand out to me. Plus they're 3 SS apiece. And they're significant.

I've never needed another box of Belles. I have the 3, and usually start with 2 to keep one available for raising.

Other considerations with Seamus:

- His core crew tends not to hit all that hard. Bete, the Gunslinger, or some Punk Zombies can help fill this out.

- You don't see it come up often, but he's got some surprisingly good synergies with the Hanged. Trail of Fear makes all the Hanged's Wp-related stuff hit better, and vice versa. If you manage to tag someone with Horrifying (:-fate to Wp duels for the rest of the game) they become pretty much an auto-fail against Undead Psychosis, which can be all kinds of fun. I'll sometimes run him with Canine Remains with this too, for more -Wp hits (Rabies)

- The Copycat Killer is fun, but I think the Grave Spirit is actually more useful. Seamus' crew is already pretty tough, and the +2 Armor makes it obscene. For only one stone, he's a great booster. Link him up with a Hanged (or Shikome) and nothing's going to hit for more than 1 damage per swing.

The Shikome isn't an undead model (it's a beast and spirit) so doesn't get any benefit from the grave spirit. Does work very well on the hanged.