Hamelin Ratcatcher with Victoria

naiatoc

Has anyone tried running Hamelin under the Victoria's? (And by Hamelin, I mean the non-master from book 1.)

Obviously it could work, but my question is, how well? He's pricey, so in a smaller game I'd have to fill up on Ronin and a Gunslinger so I'm not overwhelmed by numbers.

I love taking Taelor, but would it really be possible to fit them both in a 30ss list? I guess if I tried, it would look something like this:

Victoria 1

Victoria 2

Taelor

Hamelin

Convict Gunslinger

Ronin

That only leaves me with 3ss.

Hi,

i had some games with almost the same team (switch'd Taelor with FK librarian for extra blast/healing utility). The ratcatcher Hamelin can be useful with eating up counters, moving models off the table/objectives, making models insignificant or just the obey spell for the fun.

But yeah, it hurts when someone gets into his melee (mine got killed in a single turn by a Rogue Necromancy).

So, keep him away from fire and he'll get your points.

Yosh

I have run Hamelin with my Viks on a number of occasions and find that he is either the star of the show or achieves absolutely nothing, although I do tend to play him a bit too agressively at times.

I tend to find that he is a useful model to have available for selection, but his effective will vary greatly depending upon your opponent and the scenario.

One issue worth mentioning is that Hamelin competes with the Viks for :masks which the Viks love to have for their Whirlwind trigger.

I've used Hamelin a ton with the Viks and think he's awesome. It's worth pointing out that we generally play 35SS and that there's a decent amount of Ressers round here (making Hungry Rats a must have), but the board control he brings is worth the cost alone. Although I'll admit that he was better before the Run-Through change to the Ronin.

It does tend to be a bit of a face-off between him and Taelor if I'm not facing Ressers, but definitely give him a go for a couple of games and see what you can get out of him.