Stuffed Piglets question

Sobek

Just had a question about the Stuffed Piglets 'It Goes Pop!' rule, where the piglet has to make a WP duel or blow up if it takes 2+ wounds. How does this interact with taking enough damage to kill it? For example, if a piglet takes 5 points of damage, which would kill it, would it still possibly blow up? Or would it be considered dead first, and not have to make that WP check?

Basically which comes first, 1) 'It Goes Pop!'? Or 2) It's killed, and removed from the game?

When one Talent or effect interrupts another, the original Talent or effect is paused in its execution. So, in this case, the Stuffed Piggy suffers Wd and its Wd drop to zero. This damage effect is paused, and the "It Goes Pop!" Talent is triggered. The explosion is resolved and the Stuffed Piggy is Sacrificed. The game then returns to the paused damage effect, and the only step left is to Kill the model and remove it from play. But the Stuffed Piggy is no longer in play and so that is skipped and the damage effect ends, and the game moves on.

At least, that is how I understand it ;)

When one Talent or effect interrupts another, the original Talent or effect is paused in its execution. So, in this case, the Stuffed Piggy suffers Wd and its Wd drop to zero. This damage effect is paused, and the "It Goes Pop!" Talent is triggered. The explosion is resolved and the Stuffed Piggy is Sacrificed. The game then returns to the paused damage effect, and the only step left is to Kill the model and remove it from play. But the Stuffed Piggy is no longer in play and so that is skipped and the damage effect ends, and the game moves on.

At least, that is how I understand it ;)

I'm not so sure, the infliction of Damage would trigger both the "It Goes Pop!" talent and a normal model-death affect simultaneously I would think in this case.

It would make sense that it could still pop, but I'm not sure that's how it would actually function.

I have only played one game with them, but we played that if they take 2 or more wounds they pop, even if it is a killing blow.

This never came up, but I was assuming that if the piggy only had one wound left, he wouldn't pop on account of only suffering the one wound he had left.

On a bright note, I killed a Lelu at full health by charging him with a stuffed piggy, hitting twice, popping him with the taxidermist, then getting a lucky shot with a bayou gremlin. Left me with a good first impression of them. 24" range is awesome.